pip appointment need advice feeling worried :/

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip appointment need advice feeling worried :/

Postby Cjalex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi all I'm hoping you can all help me I have my pip interview tomorrow and I'm worried about it what if I forget things ? Or I don't know answer to there questions ? Is there any tips and advice any one can give me also what questions do they ask ?
Cjalex
UKFM Member

Re: pip appointment need advice feeling worried :/

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 pm

If you find a question confusing or difficult to answer, ask the assessor to repeat it, or clarify just what it means. For something that you want to made sure you get across or want to ask about, make yourself some notes and use them as a reminder/prompt sheet. If at all possible, have someone else with you for the assessment. As well as providing moral support, having someone who knows you well and how your problems affect you can help with answering the questions as they can also remind you about points that you may have forgotten to mention/include.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Cjalex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank u :) I will make notes now xx
Cjalex
UKFM Member

Postby JA » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Best of luck. I have my medical on 23rd and already worrying about it. I too worry I will f or get things or misunderstand questions.
JA
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi all. I have had my home assessment this morning. I had a very understanding staff nurse. She asked me about my conditions and what my normal day to day life is like. She was understanding when I forgot things and just added things when l remembered. She didn't make me do anything I was uncomfortable with and gave me time to think about/remember my answers.
There are a few niggling points. She wrote everything down in pencil. I didn't get to see what she wrote and she said she would just bullet point my info in her report. She said she would send her report of later today and l should here back within 8 weeks or probably sooner.
Just be yourself. I had my assessment in bed as I was unable to get up. If I don't get the outcome I want then I shall appeal. Fingers crossed for all of you having to go through this unnecessary nonsense. I'm just really glad that part is now over with. Just waiting for my ESA appointment now.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know how it went. I was thinking of having my assessment in bed as that would be my area of comfort, s to know that they are not adverse to it is nice to know. I sometimes wish my bed were downstairs so that I could be involved, but resting. I hope it all comes out well for you in terms of money and support.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits