Back pay delays

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back pay delays

Postby mary251 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 am

This isn't going to affect everyone, but I thought I should let everyone know that any payment from the DWP over £5000 (so any serious back pay), needs to be checked and authorised by an accounts manager, and will be paid in the day AFTER the date stated on your award letter.

I panicked a little when I found my account bare this morning, after being told my enhanced rate mobility and daily living PIP (which I applied for last January!!!) was to be paid in today, so I called the DWP and was told this was the reason why. I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time for your decisions, and I didn't want anyone else to have to get stressed over it.

Just another delay in disability payments *sigh*, but at least it's only a day, not a year! :roll:
Sometimes, there is simply not enough chocolate in the world...
mary251
UKFM Member

Re: Back pay delays

Postby denys » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for the info Mary as you said it might stop anyone else worrying :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Back pay delays

Postby Kcbones » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:29 am

Hi guys, this is my first post and I was wondering has anyone else had back pay refused because you already had a low award of DLA?
Kcbones
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits