PIP claim rejected

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP claim rejected

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:08 am

I had my assessment in November and I have just got the letter telling me I am losing not getting PIP and losing DLA.

Everything I said in the interview was twisted and used against me, they have basically said I am a lair and what I wrote on my form was different to what I said (it wasn't). They said I have no difficulty with lots of tasks even though I DO have problems.

For a lot of the things I need help or support with which should have got me 1 or 2 points, they have just said I can manage unaided and gave me 0 points.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Re: PIP claim rejected

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 am

They done the exact same to me just phone them and ask for it to go to a different decision maker and they will phone you back,I'm just waiting on them getting back to me,I was expecting it as ATOS are complete a*$£holes
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 am

Brian wrote:They done the exact same to me just phone them and ask for it to go to a different decision maker and they will phone you back,I'm just waiting on them getting back to me,I was expecting it as ATOS are complete a?$€holes

I am going to write to them and demand they look at it again.

I don't know how they can say some of the stuff they have written in their letter, it just isn't true. They twist everything to say you need less help than you do. It is embarrassing enough to ask for help and to have to rely on others without the DWP saying you are a liar as well.

I just quit my part-time college course because I couldn't cope with it anymore and I wasn't attending enough. It was only a few hours a week and very flexible. How am I supposed to work a 9 to 5 job, I would get fired within a month and that is if someone showed pity on me and hired me in the first place.

ATOS/CAPITA/DWP are all b@?$+€¥?s.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:14 pm

I had to stop working a job I had worked since I left school 17 1/2 years so I'm not work shy,plus she said to me you look like somebody who can walk more than 200m :pull-hair: what does a person that can walk 200m look like? It's the same with the other ATOS for my ESA they always say fit to work it's a total joke and not a funny one
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby Rebecca1991xx » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:08 pm

This is disguiting. We are not recognised to have a disability because we look like normal people to everyone else but what they don't understand is the day to day pain we suffer with. This chronic illness has ruined our lives and our dreams of a normal future. Just because we don't have a physical deformity or sit in a wheel chair doesn't mean we aren't crippled from fibromyalgia. Our condition needs to be recognised as a sever disability which is like any other, life long. I really hope this company change that the government is making because of atos does so quickly because too many people are being turned away. I've got my pip assessment soon and I'm so anxious, to be turned away means more struggle with money and coping overal. I really do hope your next pip assessment goes well and that you wot be turned away once again!

I wish you the best of luck,

Rebecca
Rebecca1991xx
UKFM Newbie

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Rebecca1991xx wrote:This is disguiting. We are not recognised to have a disability because we look like normal people to everyone else but what they don't understand is the day to day pain we suffer with. This chronic illness has ruined our lives and our dreams of a normal future. Just because we don't have a physical deformity or sit in a wheel chair doesn't mean we aren't crippled from fibromyalgia. Our condition needs to be recognised as a sever disability which is like any other, life long. I really hope this company change that the government is making because of atos does so quickly because too many people are being turned away. I've got my pip assessment soon and I'm so anxious, to be turned away means more struggle with money and coping overal. I really do hope your next pip assessment goes well and that you wot be turned away once again!

I wish you the best of luck,

Rebecca

Thanks
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby katherine244 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:48 pm

I had exactly the same thing. She only let me answer yes or no to questions. If i tried to explain something in more detail she interrupted me. When it got to can I prepare a simple meal she asked that, I said no. Then she said, I don't mean a roast, just something like beans on toast. I said no and tried to explain why. She interrupted and said could I prepare a sandwich, I said on some days but I would drop things a lot, wouldn't be able to cut things or pick things up when i dropped them and it would take a long time due to several issues. This came out as I can prepare a simple meal unaided. It's like she was just trying to get me to say yes and even when i didn't she recorded it as yes anyway.
This was the same for every other question.
The report says I can walk over 200m but on my form and in the medical I said that on a good day I can walk up to 50m and on a bad day it would be less than 20m. I said how ooften it was good/bad.
My mandatory reconsideration also awarded 0 points so I am getting CAN to help me appeal.
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:08 pm

So sorry to hear that you didn't get awarded Pip. What you need to do now is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Also I would suggest looking at the notes that fightback4justice offer. They have so much information on what to do with regards to benefits. They are a HUGE help. They have a page via facebook or www.fightback.boards.net they can guide you on what to do and what evidence to collect. They have a forum with lots of information too. Please check it out.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:21 pm

[quote="becbob"]

The whole ESA and PIP process is so degrading. As an applicant you must focus entirely on the negative; the things you cannot do and rely on others for. Then you get judged by someone barely qualified who twists your words to deny you the help you desperately need.

I was upset earlier but now I'm angry.
Last edited by MPSGuy on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby morette5 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:17 pm

I too have had my PIP application rejected in October,
still awaiting the response to the reconsideration request put in with the help of CAB.
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:35 pm

morette5 wrote:I too have had my PIP application rejected in October,
still awaiting the response to the reconsideration request put in with the help of CAB.

3 months waiting for the reconsideration!!! ? :cry:
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Having to apply for PIP and ESA is an awful process from start to finish. I had my assessment yeasterday, my 19 year old daughter was with me also and the assessor was asking me about have I thought of suicide and would I ever do it. She was very upset after the lady left.
They are discriminating agaisnt poeple with disabilities and the government and media loves nothing better than turning the general public agaisnt us.
I have always worked but I recently decided to leave because my illness was getting so bad. I'm pretty much bedbound for over half the week. I am in a right state and I am also physically and mentally the worst I have ever been. I am very lost and confused and vulnerable. Instead of getting the help I need I have had to collect enough evidence for claiming PIP and ESA. I have had to go through a very degrading assessment and I will more than likely get turned down for. Making my life become practically not worth living.
It would be great to say that this is an extreme case but sadly this is the norm for all people having to claim. I just wish that someone in government gets something like this so they can really begin to understand what we are being dragged through. We are treated appallingly. Rant over and I wish everybody the best of luck in applying for PIP or ESA.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits