PIP The Dreaded Brown Envelope

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP The Dreaded Brown Envelope

Postby becbob » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:29 pm

After having my PIP assessment last Monday I received the dreaded brown envelope this morning. I have been awarded enhanced care and enhanced mobility until July 2017. I cannot even begin to describe how I am feeling. I have been awarded it on Fibromyalgia alone.

Just want to say to everyone going through the awful process to be yourself. I have good days and very bad days. I informed them of this on my forms. I also had a lot of help from people on this forum so thankyou. Also I had help from fightback too. Look them up if your unsure of what to do. Good luck to all those who are still going through it.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: PIP The Dreaded Brown Envelope

Postby Charmed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Massive Congratulations becbob, so pleased for you.

:welldone:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby jacson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Well done becbob, it must be a huge relief for you and no more jumping through hoops for a good while, it's good to hear of a positive outcome and gives hope to many of us dealing with fibromyalgia amongst other things. I only wish that the people giving us medical assessments could live in our shoes for just one day to see what we struggle with day in day out. :-D :bear-dancing:
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby Kayleigh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Very happy for you. Less stress can be very helpful to those of us with fibro.

I have just phoned to make my claim. I'm already worried and I havent done the forms yet. When filling them out are we supposed to do it based on having bad days ?
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Postby lancashire-lass » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:01 pm

First off - congratulations!!
Just out of interest whose area are you in? I come under ATOS and waited 29 weeks to get my first appointment which I refused as it was 49 miles away - and a further 3 weeks to my actual assessment 3 miles from home.
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:19 pm

I filled my form out on the averages of me having a good day, ok day and a bad day. I worked it out to be about 60% bad, 20% ok and 20% good. On a separate piece of paper I told them in great detail wht my life is like on each of those days. I swing wildly from being bedbound over half the week to once or twice a week where I am able to window shopping with my mum. I am able to do lots of normal things on my good days but by the end of the day I always pay the price. Just be honest with them.
I am under Atos and had a home assessment last Monday. Was meant to have one on 2nd Jan but the cancelled it.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Kayleigh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks for your advice Becbob
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Congratulations :flowers:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby walsh01 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi all
Any advice is much appreciated. I was diagnosed on Xmas Eve!!
I have spent the last week in bed sleeping and not even seen daylight most days the fatigue is that severe.
Bad migraines and back and hands.
I work full time but am worried as I have not been paid for the week off which stresses me out as I live alone and only my income to pay bills. What are we entitled to in benefits and what is PIP?
Just haven't got a clue where to start.
Please help. Thanks all in advance,
J
walsh01
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Becebob, first congratulations. Getting acknowledged and believed is one of the best feelings we fibro patients can have.

I am in another country but the routine for disability payments seem to be similar. My condition was a result of an accident at work so I was claiming workers compensation as well as the government disability pension.

I have always said be honest, don't over do the I can't but tell all about the good and the bad. After 10 years of negotiations I sat through many trials and those who complained of the I can't so much seemed to be denied.

After 10 years of no money I got 100% disability meaning that I got 100% of my pay until I turn 65 with no more reviews, medical or questions. I got 10 years back pay also with interest......all based on what they call chronic pain.

I don't blame the wait on specific departments. It was a case of things getting tossed around because nobody really knew how to deal with the issue.

Added bonus is that the workers compensation is putting away about £100 a month into a pension fund, over and above my pension also backdated. When iI turn 65 I will get the reg pensions and the workers compensation pension. Both pensions are also tax free.

Everyone, have patience, be totally honest and you will be heard and acknowledged.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Michelle1990 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:08 am

First of all congratulations on your decision on P.I.P its great to hear of success especially after the pain we go through alongside the emotional times its hard to go on a day to day basis. I received my award of standard rate of daily living component with only just qualifying 8 points. I have been in agony for over a year and a half and recieving chronic pain physiotherapy. Dwp can accept its a struggle day to day getting dressed and bathing along with the pain but they think of capable of walkin 200m. I am currently 4getting things and missing appointment but they say i can manage my condition. After over a yrs pain and FINALLY getting diagnosed its worth just qualifying for P.I.P... Help I just wana scream. Any ideas guys?
Much appreciated xx
Michelle1990
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits