PIP Re-claim form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Re-claim form

Postby kennybevan11 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm

hi everyone, i was awarded PIP standard daily living and enhanced mobility in 2013 until december 2015, but a few weeks ago, i received a letter with a form saying i need to reapply. when i rang them to question this, the guy didnt i spoke to didnt really know it was about. after some investigating, he comes back and says due to the backlog, they are getting people to fill in the forms again now so the assessments can be sorted before the end date. the thing is, they are getting me to fill in a form questioning how i will be in a years time! has anyone else had one of theses reapply forms earlier than what they should have?
kennybevan11
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP Re-claim form

Postby Cazham30 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Yes I received the same form and got an extension on it so that my friend who completed my initial claim form to be able to do it as she was ill for 2 weeks before Christmas and we were away until 2nd January. The Jobcentre advisor told me that my disability benefit is still guaranteed until 2 December 2015 and because of the huge backlog of new clients being assessed had to be finished by June 2015 and they've promised the government have requested the next set of reclaims in. Us must be all ready to be looked at from June 2015 so there won't be a backlog again. Don't worry that things might change either for the good or bad from now as your medical assessment is always current and the Jobcentre will get up-to-date reports from medical professionals so it's all good as far as I can see. If I hear anything to the contrary I'll post about it!
Cazham30
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Re-claim form

Postby kennybevan11 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:22 pm

my claim has been transferred to those idiots at Atos who will "assess" me again using their wonderful medical knowledge (sigh). taken years to get somewhere, i just dont want it ripped away from me at the first hurdle. the CAB have helped me fill in the form, even they didnt know why i was getting it until they rang up
kennybevan11
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits