PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP

Postby daisyp59 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:35 pm

When I had my assessment I was awarded standard rate for care and my mobility rate was reduced to standard. I had to give my motability car back yesterday. I did ask for reconsideration but was refused again, so I am now going to appeal. I don't understand how they can acknowledge I can't stand to cook a meal but they think I can get round on public transport - madness!! I have contacted CAB but cannot get there to see them unless my partner has a weekday off. I could get a taxi but I can't walk from where I would have to be dropped off. I am housebound and isolated until the grant cheque arrives and clears. Hope others have had better decisions x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Re: PIP

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 pm

In my opinion if your legs are that bad you shouldn't be driving anyway I see far to many people who can hardly walk with sticks etc then jump into a car
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Brian wrote:In my opinion if your legs are that bad you shouldn't be driving anyway I see far to many people who can hardly walk with sticks etc then jump into a car

You probably do see people with sticks that can hardly walk.. Haven't you heard about HAND CONTROL's and AUTOMATIC's. I can hardly was because one side of my body is the damaged side so i can't operate the clutch pedal so i got an Automatic.

daisyp59 wrote:When I had my assessment I was awarded standard rate for care and my mobility rate was reduced to standard. I had to give my motability car back yesterday. I did ask for reconsideration but was refused again, so I am now going to appeal. I don't understand how they can acknowledge I can't stand to cook a meal but they think I can get round on public transport - madness!! I have contacted CAB but cannot get there to see them unless my partner has a weekday off. I could get a taxi but I can't walk from where I would have to be dropped off. I am housebound and isolated until the grant cheque arrives and clears. Hope others have had better decisions x

Daisy i hope you win at your appeal because you sound so much like myself i can hardly walk and i'm in so much pain 24/7 and on some really painful drugs.

I'm sending you my :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: wishes
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Yes I have as I used to work in the motor trade and trust me these cars weren't automatics or hand controls,the drivers were terrible parking using other cars bumpers as a marker or the smell of the clutch getting burned out,really what reaction times have these people got if a child was to run out in front of them?

I'm all for people with disability a driving as I need my car as well but if your that bad you shouldn't be driving
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Brian, my legs work fine, but I am in so much pain from arthritis and the fibro that I can't walk far. To be honest, i found your post quite offensive and judgemental. There are many people who suffer pain when walking - are you suggesting that we should sit at home not seeing anyone, not going anywhere? My car was my lifeline and I am now housebound. I have been driving for nearly 40 years and I was a driving instructor and have never had an accident. My legs do not affect my driving.
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:01 pm

kazza65 wrote:
Daisy i hope you win at your appeal because you sound so much like myself i can hardly walk and i'm in so much pain 24/7 and on some really painful drugs.

I'm sending you my :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: wishes

Kazza, thank you xx
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:17 pm

daisyp59 wrote:Brian, my legs work fine, but I am in so much pain from arthritis and the fibro that I can't walk far. To be honest, i found your post quite offensive and judgemental. There are many people who suffer pain when walking - are you suggesting that we should sit at home not seeing anyone, not going anywhere? My car was my lifeline and I am now housebound. I have been driving for nearly 40 years and I was a driving instructor and have never had an accident. My legs do not affect my driving.

I apologies as it wasn't meant to be offensive,my car is basically my life line as well but is see to many people that in my opinion shouldn't be driving or at least have the reaction times tested.
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Brian wrote:I apologies as it wasn't meant to be offensive,my car is basically my life line as well but is see to many people that in my opinion shouldn't be driving or at least have the reaction times tested.

Brian, thank you for the apology. I do understand what you are saying and I agree to an extent. I also understand that you did not know my circumstances. Take care x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:15 pm

I used to love driving but with my fibro I have problems with my neck which make turning my head really difficult, I didnt feel safe and so stopped in 2008 which was when I had to finish work (or rather they finished me :roll: ) anyway yesterday I officially surrendered my licence as advised by my GP and feel very lost as it felt like my last bit of independence :( :(

But if you feel safe to drive and lots of people do, then fibro isnt something the DVLA want to know about, having said that they do want to know about regular medication which may affect your driving ability. Daisy I really hope things go your way and you get your tribunal award :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby daisyp59 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 pm

denys wrote:I used to love driving but with my fibro I have problems with my neck which make turning my head really difficult, I didnt feel safe and so stopped in 2008 which was when I had to finish work (or rather they finished me :roll: ) anyway yesterday I officially surrendered my licence as advised by my GP and feel very lost as it felt like my last bit of independence :( :(

But if you feel safe to drive and lots of people do, then fibro isnt something the DVLA want to know about, having said that they do want to know about regular medication which may affect your driving ability. Daisy I really hope things go your way and you get your tribunal award :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Thank you denys xx
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:07 am

The DWP have made it so hard now to get the mobility component although you cannot physically use public transport you have no mental health problems so deemed you can use public transport

The part on public transport is for mental health problems only

The DWP make the rules up as they see fit
fletch
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits