ESA suprise

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA suprise

Postby Mazz64 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:03 pm

I had a medical assessment last September, I have been waiting for the bad news (I done a post on here of the experience) last week I got a letter to go to the jobcentre asking me in for a work focus interview, she told me I had been put in the WRANG group on the 7th of October, I didn't get a letter or anything telling me this, last 2 times I had to appeal, so it was a nice surprise, but i'm asking them to look at it again as my doctor said I should be in the support group, I will let you know what happens, by the way I had the medical recorded that might have made a difference
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Re: ESA suprise

Postby denys » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Good news and hope you get reconsidered if your doc thinks you should be :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tjfawlty » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi Mazz64

I've been on Contributions Based ESA since 2011. I went for a medical in December and was finally put into the support group and also changed to Income Based. Better late than never. I have also applied for DLA as I am very immobile during a flare, which seems almost constant now.
I am at the appeal stage so fingers crossed. U just have to keep on fighting. Its also great to have someone listen to u and believe u for a change.
Best wishes Xx
tjfawlty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mazz64 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Thank you both. I did have the medical recorded, as after the 2 previous medicals I had to appeal, so maybe that helped.
tjfawlty; good luck with your appeal, hope you get it, I have a medical on the 3rd of March for PIP (dla) so I may be off to another appeal soon anyway. It just goes on and on.

Best wishes and let us know how you get on.

Mazz xx
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits