is this normal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

is this normal

Postby maxinevalentina » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm

I got diagnosed January 2013. And then in March I applied for employment support allowance.
And I got to get my sick note every 3 months .
Iv not been assessed and it's been a year since iv applied iv had no letters come through .
Just getting worried . I don't no if it's normal to wait so so long .
I'm on no medication coz my doctors don't no my condition and there worried that if they give me anything I'll get addicted.
Now iv changed doctors like 11 times and get the same thing . I'm in agony every day
I Cant function most days . But ye is it normal to wait so long to be assessed
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Re: is this normal

Postby Charmed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 pm

The DWP are meant to assess you after 13 weeks and put you in either the working group or the support group. I didn't know this, so just sent in my monthly sick line and therefore got the basic rate of ESA.

You get more money (can't remember the exact amount) after you have been assessed. But I was never given a medical assessment.

Roughly 18 months after first applying I got all the money back dated, which was a lovely surprise! And they put me in the support group, so I no longer need to get sick lines from my GP.

The best advice I can give you is contact your local CAB office, for up to date and correct information.

With regards to no meds from your GP, maybe you could call Social Care Direct at least that way you should get an assessment from an OT, he/she may be able to contact your GP on your behalf, or at least give you help with gadgets to help with your pain.

Gentle hugs xx
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 pm

I didn't no that I got help applying for esa and never got told this.
I get £114 every 2 weeks but I don't no if I can apply for anything else.
Iv had no help or advice except of here I'm 22 and I want to feel a little bit normal

And thank you for ur help and advice I'm going to call tomorrow see what's happened
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby Gail J » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 am

No, it's not normal to wait 12 months for ESA payments, if you submit your sick notes regularly and are not working then you need to chase this.
You could also apply for PIP payments, it's a laborious application form but if you're granted the payment, it's worth it.
I'm surprised your GP hasn't placed you on meds, living with this condition is so painful and life zapping, I'd speak to your GP again, explain your full symptoms (write it down before your visit) and ask if there are meds to help you. I'm reluctant to suggest meds as we are all different.
Good luck
Gail J
UKFM Newbie

Postby maxinevalentina » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Im waiting for payment coz I got paid within 2 weeks of applying for esa
I'm waiting for the assessment since I never got the 13week assessment that iv just found out
Do u think it's best I get help filling out a pip application by someone that knows the forum
Iv been bk to my docs today and I told her everything all the pain and she said coz of my age she wouldn't prescribe me anything
And last time the doctor I saw said he had no idea about my condition
I seem to get useless doctors =(
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby Flippy22 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Its is normal in the sense that there is a MASSIVE backlog and Atos are on their way out and Maximus will take over next month. Maximus have said it could take them 12-18 months to clear the current backlog, so, you could be one of the first they deal with or it you could be waitng months. I am not 100% but I think they intend to migrate people who are still on IB first. Good luck.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby lynnb3 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm

it is supposed to be 13 wks but I waited about 10 mth as they are that far behind got all the monies owed backdated though.Sorry to say its just a waiting game. I called both Atos and esa and ATOS reply was we will get to it as soon as we can. I then got a letter saying I did not need to attend and was put straight in support group.
lynnb3
UKFM Newbie

Postby lynnb3 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 pm

lynnb3 wrote:it is supposed to be 13 wks but I waited about 10 mth as they are that far behind got all the monies owed backdated though.Sorry to say its just a waiting game. I called both Atos and esa and ATOS reply was we will get to it as soon as we can. I then got a letter saying I did not need to attend and was put straight in support group.
maxinevalentina wrote:Im waiting for payment coz I got paid within 2 weeks of applying for esa

I'm waiting for the assessment since I never got the 13week assessment that iv just found out
Do u think it's best I get help filling out a pip application by someone that knows the forum
Iv been bk to my docs today and I told her everything all the pain and she said coz of my age she wouldn't prescribe me anything
And last time the doctor I saw said he had no idea about my condition
I seem to get useless doctors =(
lynnb3
UKFM Newbie

Postby maxinevalentina » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:50 am

Thank you for everything I just got little worried
And waiting is a little stress full I like to be in control so waiting bus hard
I'll wait and while I wait I'll apply for pip hopefully
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby suco » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:21 pm

I get DLA but not for Fibromyalgia...but I'm scared to apply for the high rate incase I'm taken off it altogether...advice anyone?
suco
UKFM Member

Postby MissGems73 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 am

i applied in the summer of 2013 for esa and was on assessment rate, and i had my assessment in december 2014.

Have a read of these people there is so much information on here and very helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/FightBack4Justice
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits