PIP Assessment not required

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Assessment not required

Postby lambchop1960 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi, I went for my PIP assessment last Monday (26th January) only to be told that as they had enough written evidence there was no need for me to have the assessment and apparently someone should have rang me to tell me not to go to the appointment, so total wasted journey. I am quite surprised at this, has anyone else not had to have the assessment. I had my ESA assessment back in the Summer but was told by the assessor that I would still have to go for a PIP assessment as the report for the ESA is not looked at by the PIP assessor. I am worried that without being seen I will be turned down and have to go to appeal. Does anyone have any knowledge of this happening to anyone and what the outcome is likely to be? Thanks. Sue
lambchop1960
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP Assessment not required

Postby Ashleigh90 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi that is great news! This year I read that to cut down on assesments they would be using ESA assesments and to cut down the backlog this might be true in your case. Can I ask what medical info you sent in as I need to send in stuff but not sure what?

Thank you
Ashleigh90
UKFM Newbie

Postby lambchop1960 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 pm

The information I sent with my claim was copies of hospital appointments with relevant consultants names on and copy of my repeat prescription. I had help from the Benefits advice centre with my claim form. Sue
lambchop1960
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tuckvale » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:54 am

I have my PIP assessment next week. I have heard worrying things, but am hoping for the best, as I have got worse since I applied, my mobility is worse and I now need. A stick for balance some days. Can someone please tell me what ESA is? Thanks :oops:. Valxx
Tuckvale
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits