pip

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip

Postby jules21 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, so hello to you all. I had my re-assessment for pip on the 9th of January. I am already in receipt of pip standard rate mobility and standard rate care, I asked for a re-assessment as my condition has got worse. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago and at that time was diagnosed with oestoarthritis in my right knee clinical depression and PTSD. In July last year I was diagnosed with oestoarthritis in my spine and told my vertabrae are crumbling, and may need surgey, I am in terrific pain most of the time and also suffer from muscle spasms and restless leg syndrome. Social services havefitted grab rails in my house and outside, and I am waiting for my steps to be highered. I am still awaiting to hear and have been told my claim is with the decision maker and that alot of medical notes where requested. Thats fine as I have nothing to hide, but I'm beginning to stress now, how long can it take to make a decision? Has anyone been inthe same situation as me? :(
jules21
UKFM Newbie

Re: pip

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all jules :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split you off from where you originally posted and made it into your own topic. Doing this means the replies you get will relate to your particular post and be all together in one place, rather than getting mixed up with comments being made about the original topic :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's difficult to say how long a claim may take to be assessed and have a decision about it made as it varies so greatly from area~to~area. Some areas have larger backlogs than others, so whilst someone could have their fate decided in a matter of days, for others it could take weeks, even months in some cases.

The only suggestion I can make at the moment is that you contact the office dealing with your claim and ask them how long it has been taking, on average, for claimants to be advised of their fate.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Cazham30 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:44 pm

My experience is that I've been told before I left the meeting that the time frame so with my PIP it was 4 - 6 weeks but it was way before the huge backlog caused in this last year so I would ring Atos first & if they have passed on their report to the Jobcentre then call them for a better idea. I know it's stressful waiting for the decision but that might help you. Good luck!
Cazham30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

I have been told it can take up to 26 weeks due to the backlog of cases so I think it depends on which area you are in etc. :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jules21 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Hi thankyou all for your replies , I was told 4 weeks ago by the DWP that they have my assessment from atos and all the medical
evidence they require and that my case was just awaiting a decision from the decision maker, they also told me that they would ensure that I received a call back explaining the decision within 5 working days since that conversation 16 days have lapsed and still heard nothing. Will keep you posted hope it's not too long now. :(
jules21
UKFM Newbie

Postby jules21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Well I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience as me, let me explain. The only dealings I have with the DWP is my PIP as explained earlier I am awaiting the decision on my reconsideration due to a change in my health. I received a txt message today saying that my income support will be paid in my bank on Monday, and I have no need to contact them. I'm confused as I have never claimed income support in my life. I was wondering if it could be my pip back pay? As I have been awaiting a decision for some weeks, I haven't however had a letter from DWP so quite baffled. X
jules21
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:52 pm

No doubt yet another DWP mistake, they don't seem to know what they are doing. (They lost my ATOS assessment) Normally you get a letter from them outlining the amount you are due, although I tend to find the money is in the bank before I get their letter.

Give them a ring on: 0845 850 3322

I hope you get it sorted :-)
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby jules21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks charmed for your reply will keep you all posted. :crazy:
jules21
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:23 pm

DWP have no idea what they are doing jules. I have called and was told I am on income based ESA, yet every letter I have been sent say that I am on contribution based ESA. I have tried to figure out what is what, but even they don't know what is going on.

Blessed IDS has created a monster which has been let loose and is currently reeking havoc on the nation.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby jules21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Absolutely gutted, and in shock. After applying for pip reconsideration 8 months ago, I found out today that they have taken my mobility away, can't believe it, I am worse now than when I was first awarded it 12 months ago. I have oestoarthritis in both knee's and spine, fibromyalgia and clinical depression, I am in pain constantly hardly sleep and have great difficulty getting around . Occupational health have installed grab rails in and around my house and highered steps outside , my sofa has raised feet, because of my back and difficulty getting up, and yet the DWP deem it right to take away my mobility and my independence. I can't find the words to explain how i feel and have spent most of the day in tears, I see my pain consultant tomorrow so I will see what he has to say. Has anyone else experienced this?
I would love some words of reassurance. :pull-hair:
jules21
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits