Capita Visit this week

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Capita Visit this week

Postby Doughnut » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello All

Hope your all doing ok x

I put in my PIP forms a couple of weeks ago ( with the help from a CAB person). I got a letter last week saying I have a " Health Professional" consultation this week, at home. Which I'm pleased with cos I can't and very rarely go out.

Although I was told by the DWP that it would or could take up to 26 weeks ........... nope. 2 weeks for this area of Lincs. Also in the letter it says I will know the outcome in around 4 to 8 weeks.

Has anyone else had a CAPITA visit? What can I expect? and what if anything will they require me to do?

I have just moved into a council bungalow and am finding everything so hard right now mentally and physically. The pressure of this is horrendous and I really feel for anyone else going through it too.

The lady from the CAB told me to write/type a diary but I really cant , I can't focus on something like that and literally cry when I cant remember half of what has happened to me or the pain I have felt most of the day.

At the moment I am on DLA ( due to finish March 2015) both high rate. I get high rate mobility at the moment but am scared that I will lose my car as it gives me a little independence on a good day.

If I lose my mobility allowance do they just take the car?

D x
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Re: Capita Visit this week

Postby denys » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:25 pm

If possible have someone with you during your visit, secondly try not to fret to much as it will only make things harder for you. In the worst case if you lose your mobility component, then yes they will give you a date by which you have to hand the car back to the garage you got it from.

I wish you well for your visit and hopefully the assessor will see your health needs and you will get a favourable result :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whiterose » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Definitely have someone with you, and if possible record the whole conversation. Some smart phones have voice recorders. They will ask you about the ways your health problems affect your day to day living, and probably get you to try to do some simple things. My husband recently had his, and she had him click a pen top, try to reach his toes from a sitting position, and stand and lift his legs one at a time (he had to hold on to something to do this).

Don't say you have good days, say you have bad days and worse days. If you can't do a diary, just have a notebook handy and write down things as they happen, just don't put yourself under anymore pressure, but the more evidence you have the better. Good luck!
whiterose
UKFM Member

Postby Doughnut » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:06 pm

I have my mum with me she is my main carer.

Click a pen? really? wow

thank you for your replies. I DO stress and I have bad anxiety issues unfortunately I think I'll take double diazes on the day :lol:

D x
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Postby Doughnut » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:15 am

Just a quickie, I was thinking about the voice recorder thing , IF I was to do that I would have to let the health offical know surely?
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Postby whiterose » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 am

I don't know about the legality of it, but my husband recorded his, and never said anything. Perhaps someone else can clarify this. I would think they may not agree to being recorded if you ask them, but it's definitely a safeguard, as I've read a lot about them twisting the claimant's words in their reports.
whiterose
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits