Universal Credits to Start nationwide this week

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Universal Credits to Start nationwide this week

Postby Doughnut » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:31 am

Hello All

Watching the News this morning Universal Credits are to be enforced nationwide this week. They are trying to put it in practice in around 15 job centres each week, starting with all new single benefit claims. Please see the link below that I found.

http://samedifference1.com/2015/02/13/u ... next-week/

I'm posting this here to keep up to date as anyone on ESA will be eventually going over to UC, also anyone receiving Severe Disability Premiums will lose it as on the UC system it will be abolished (so wrong).

It will also affect things like Housing Benefit too. Which although the figures dont change ( that I know of ) it means the money will go direct to the claimant. For some that is ok but ( and i include myself) for others who struggle to keep their finances together due to Cognitive Dysfunction or depression/anxiety this could potentially cause issues with the added stress of paying rent etc...

Just my thoughts. Anyway thought this might be of interest.

D x
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Re: Universal Credits to Start nationwide this week

Postby Susan Stokes » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:22 pm

We've not come to terms with the last lot of changes yet. I am convinced that they do this on purpose because the people who most need to get through these minefields are not always capable of sorting it out. They're the ones who fall by the wayside.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits