[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - PIP - dont understand - when to claim

PIP - dont understand - when to claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP - dont understand - when to claim

Postby paulfoel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Wife currently still has a job but started claiming ESA a few months ago.
Filled out the form they sent to currently waiting I guess.
She gets £72 a week (plus still half pay from work).

How long generally before they decide which group?

Im guessing that in a few months her employer is likely to get rid of here (and any pay will run out anyway).
What happens then?

I guess she can still get ESA for a bit (but isnt it max a year for work group one?).
Whats PIP and should she be applying for this?
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Re: PIP - dont understand - when to claim

Postby Trish140363 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Claim now.....
I still work part time and I get pip... x
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Postby brenda72 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Is claiming pip as straight forward? Ie are u just claiming with fibro or do u have other things wrong with you?
brenda72
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:20 pm

It sounds like Mrs Foel is currently being paid ESA at the assessment rate, which is what happens when someone submits a new claim. The time scale DWP are supposed to work on is 13 weeks from a claim being made. During this time the claim is supposed to be looked at, any additional info required requested, assessment carried out {if needed}, then a decision made based on everything that has been provided and collated.

Unfortunately the system is in such a mess that this time scale has vanished into the ether in a lot of cases, with many claimants waiting for a considerable number of months to be given an appt for their assessments. To see at what stage Mrs Foel's claim is, contacting the office dealing with it is probably the best thing to try, hopefully they will be able to provide at least an indicator as to how long it is taking for ESA claims to work all the way thru the system.

PIP {Personal Independence Payments} is completely separate and different to ESA. It is paid to help with the additional costs that are caused by long~term ill health and/or disability. It is paid at a rate based on how the claimant is affected by their issues/conditions, not the conditions themselves. It can be claimed by those who are or are not employed/working, and is tax free.

There are 2 components to PIP, the Daily Living Component and the Mobility Component, with rates being paid depending on to what degree the claimant is affected by their problems. An assessment is carried out to help determine the level of help needed, and this, along with other evidence that has been provided all go towards a decision being made on a claim.

With PIP being paid to those who work, as well as those who don't/can't, it can be claimed at any time. It isn't affected by the amount of munnies coming into the household, but on how the claimant is affected by their illnesses/disabilities. If Mrs Foel does decide to make a claim, do get help with it as how things are phrased can make a difference to how things can be interpreted by those dealing with the claim. Having someone to help and guide you thru the process will hopefully give you the best chance possible :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby paulfoel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:59 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Just looked at at PIP scoring thing.

0 for the first bit but up to 10 (on a bad day) for walking.

I've always thought this test was a bit off. Im sure some of you are the same as my wife - some days are really bad some days are better.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 pm

So when filling in the forms you NEVER put down what she can do on a good day, treat every answer as if she's at her worst.

The one thing I'm good at is writing Pullitzer winning replies for what was, in my day, Invalidity Benefit. :lol: Just cos it's not the same every day doesn't mean your wife isn't suffering.

Good Luck.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby dangermouse1827 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:52 am

Just to get this right I can claim pip even if I'm working (I work part time 8 hours )and the house income doesn't matter? ? I've recently been diagnosed after suffering for years had no idea I could claim anything? ?
dangermouse1827
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:23 am

Hi Dangermouse,

Yes you can claim PIP, it doesn't matter how many hours you work. Just phone the DWP and ask for a claim form. Good luck :-)
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby dangermouse1827 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 am

Omg!!! Thank you charmed
Why doesn't anyone tell you about this I've had to give up one job and down to working just 8 hours a week and with a household and family to support its hard even though my husband works with having fibro it has changed everything I just can't function some days and thought we would just have to struggle on it has been really hard and I'm sure there are a lot of other fibro sufferers in the same position I will definitely look into this as soon as possible thank you again the information and posts on this site have been a real eye opener :shock:
dangermouse1827
UKFM Newbie

Postby paulfoel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:54 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks everyone.

I guess it cant be backdated? Probably should have claimed this ages ago.

BUT she was still on full pay and SSP until Dec 2014 so didnt think we could. ESA claim was December but not had assessment yet.

I think we will claim PIP too. Wife is a nurse herself so knows whats what to a certain extent.

BTW - can you claim online?
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:43 pm

As far as I can remember Paul, the date is put on the claim form when you phone for the application form and that is the only date it can be back dated from. They give you a time frame of a month I think to complete the form and for them to receive it. You are expected to send in any evidence you have to back up your claim at the same time. (eg hospital reports, social work reports, things from OTs and such like).
They will then send a form to your GP to fill in and post to the DWP, then normally you get an appointment with ATOS or whoever is doing the medicals in your area. They then give that to the DWP (they lost mine :evil: )

If you go onto the Gov.uk site there is a PIP calculator, if that helps.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:41 am

Well phoned almost 10 days ago. Still not got the form.... ???
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits