PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP

Postby mark1967 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi I am new to the forum and to Fibromyalgia, to cut a long story short I have been suffering severe anxiety and depression along with arthralgia of multiple joints for the last 6 years,I have not worked for 5 years due to these conditions and have reached a point where I feel i have to ask for some financial help so I have decided to make a claim for PIP, so requested my medical notes from my doctor,around 2011 I was seeing a rheumatologist for the arthralgia, since getting my notes I noticed that he had scored my fibromyalgia points 16 out of 18 areas, which lead me to look up the condition and there it was everything I have been feeling for the last few years ! I wonder why my rheumatologist or gp never told me that fibromyalgia could be what I have. After researching the condition Seem's to me that not all gp's are willing to diagnose the condition which will have an affect on any claim for PIP that I make,it's all very confusing any advice would be gratefully received
mark1967
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP

Postby zoomie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi Mark, the best advice I can give you is to have a look at the Fightback facebook page, they have lots of information about how to fill in the pip form, which is half of the battle with a claim.

I'd also book an appointment with your GP to go through some questions you may have on your notes, also ask him to write a letter for you to include in your claim, in fact ask anyone who helps you in anyway to write a letter to include!
Gather as much info as you possibly can. Take care, good luck x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby mark1967 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks Zoomie I will have a look at the page as all this is new to me, never had to claim for anything in my life so am totally lost
mark1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby zoomie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:11 pm

I know what you mean, it's all a very alien process at first. I tried to answer just one question a day, but thoroughly, giving them all the information I could. If you have any questions there are always answers here from someone. I think there is also a post for just you guys in the introduction bit :)
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby mark1967 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Been a long time but I have my ATOS assessment,they were helpful and although i had been dreading it,it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have been awarded the enhanced rate for both mobility and living, this will help a huge amount, so dont give up !
mark1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby TheHud » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm

mark1967 wrote:Been a long time but I have my ATOS assessment,they were helpful and although i had been dreading it,it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have been awarded the enhanced rate for both mobility and living, this will help a huge amount, so dont give up !

You have given me hope thanks :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits