the dreaded brown envelpe!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

the dreaded brown envelpe!!!

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi all.well it arrived today, the dreaded brown envelope!! I had to fill out the huge forms before Christmas as my current claim was due to run out next month,,I am on high rate mobility and low rate care at present and have been informed I will stay on the same!! hooray a load of my mind, at least until 2017, though cant understand why I wasn't changed over to PIP as im still on DLA never mind lets not rock the boat, soft hugs all x :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Re: the dreaded brown envelpe!!!

Postby Charmed » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:45 am

Great news :-D 2 more years of not having to worry. It is a bit strange they didn't change you over to PIP, they're a weird lot the DWP :shock: But fabulous news all the same, really pleased for you :welldone: :hugs:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Great news, the change over to PIP is happening but is so behind, as has been said at least you dont have to worry for a while :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jenfitzy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:50 pm

I have just renewed my DLA and it was awarded, apparently it depends on your age now and when you first applied as to whether you get DLA or PIP. :-D
jenfitzy
UKFM Member

Postby Gaia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:55 pm

My husband (armed forces disabled veteran) had his DLA claim renewed last September - giving him a further 5 years on DLA, rather than PIP. When he phoned to enquire if this was correct, they said he was not transferred to PIP as it is not being rolled out in our area (except for new claimants) for at least 2 years, which is why he still gets DLA not PIP, so I expect it's the same for you if your area is not yet covered.

Well done on getting your claim renewed!
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Many thanks all just been out this morning an ordered a brand new mobility scooter, :-D so can get to hospital,doctors etc but I CAN GET OUT !!! soft hugs all keep going xx
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby Angie Baby » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:12 am

I've been led to believe that if you started on dla then they won't charge you over to the ppi. I'm so pleased for you. I don't think they relise how stressful it is in filling in their forms. Also the stress created by attending their medicals. We are all beig seen by our own doctor's who know how our condision affects us and if our condision is getting better or worse. They don't take this into consideration. I'm on high rate mobility and middle rate care. I've also been advised to apply for high rate care because my condition is degenerative and getting worse to manage. My husband Al has become my carer and he has to help me to wash in the shower. I've been given a seat for the shower because I cannot stand for too long. Also I lose my balance. My dla runs out in 2018. I've been told that after this date I'll not have an end date because of how much my condition has taken over and I cannot manage without the help from my husband Al and our family. :-(
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

I'll race you clubsound :f1-car: :f1-car:

Congrats for ordering your mobility scooter :-D :-D :-D

I don't think people realise the new lease of life scooters can bring, being able to GET OUT without the pain of attempting to walk, just simply changes your life. We took our dog to the beach yesterday, :dogrun1: although I wasn't on the sand lol! All wrapped up in my layers, including my silly hat and scooter cosy-toes, I had a cold but fabulous time. Hope you get it soon.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:57 pm

So glad you've had a good result! Enjoy your new scooter when it arrives :lol:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:31 am

You will eventually be transferred, mine is happening now, because it has been rolled out in our area and my claim was ending in May of this year, everyone who is below state pension age will be transferred over a bit like IB was to ESA
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am

Wonderful news!

Shame you had to fill in the ridiculously long DLA forms again. The PIP ones were easier to do.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits