esa and dla - a bit of hope

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa and dla - a bit of hope

Postby blessedmummy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 am

Hi everyone, hope you are all as well as can be this morning.
Im quite new here, around 6/7 months, so firstly thanks to all your advice and tips

I applied for esa and dla at the same time, oct 2014, I missed my first esa assesment as I turned up a day late (fibro head)
So got a new date for yesterday! Before this, about 2 weeks ago my doc rang me to say they had a form to fill in for dla
So I went in and we filled it in together (my doctor is lovely)
Went for my esa assesment yesterday and was also lucky enough to have a lovely lady who showed lots of empathy and compassion to my situation.

I left feeling better than I had for a while as I felt good in knowing she believed me. Ive been feeling low with this current flare for the last 2 weeks and just got feed up of fighting my own body!!!

Came home and sat down to do my finances for the next couple of weeks and logged onto my bank.
To say I nearly fainted is an understatement. There sitting in my bank was a large deposit by dla???
Ive had no assesment and no letter to state whats happening but I usually do find with our goverment if im waiting on money then it would come before the award letter.

The whole process has took around ten weeks for me with my dla and hopefully I will hear about my esa soon.

Although having the money is great the thought that they too believe me is overwhelmingly good.

So keep going and keep fighting my fibro friends, there is good out there and we will get through, with Gods grace.

Hugs and kisses
Donna x x x
blessedmummy
UKFM Newbie

Re: esa and dla - a bit of hope

Postby Charmed » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:28 am

Wow! Congratulations! That's great news, so pleased for you.
It makes a huge difference when you have a good doctor backing your claim.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby blessedmummy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:49 am

Thanks so much Charmed x
blessedmummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Brilliant news, I've moved you into here as this is a more appropriate board for your post and hopefully more people will see it and realise its not always bad news :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby namidoll » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm

That seems really promising :)
namidoll
UKFM Newbie

Postby Trish140363 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Well done... mine too about 11 weeks from filling in the form... to assessment to having a large deposit from pip...
It's not always bad news xx
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Postby eileen4891 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Donna really pleased for you . I am awaiting a reply hoping to have same result as you x:-D
eileen4891
UKFM Member

Postby blessedmummy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you everyone, it is a big relief. I just hope you all get as good and as quick a result. Il be praying for you all, as always

Sending much love

X x x
blessedmummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Helencat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:30 am

This sounds very promising. I have been very depressed recently as had to sign onto Jobseekers due to running out of money, everything went wrong at once, but jobseekers has never been right benefit for me as I can't work full time and also I find the endless filling out what I've done to find work mindlessly stressfull and it's brought on a flare... I did explain at my meeting that I had a disability so I'm hoping that the disability advisor will help me to apply for the proper benefits. I can't live on nothing but I can't fulfill the jobseekers criteria, I can hardly do anything when I'm ill. I am feeling very depressed. I too believe in God and would love it if you could add me to your prayer list, I am sure I saw your post for a reason... don't give up hope is such a good message. The situation with jobseekers has become so intolerable it's almost impossible to fulfill their demands... the demands actually get in the WAY of you looking for work, so stupid and unreasonable to treat us like children that need to be checked up on, and they want you to do far too much even if you were really well, it takes hours to fill out application forms and you're supposed to do loads of them and log all your jobsearch.. it's just become awful. Thank yhou for your message of hope. Helen
Helencat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Helencat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 am

sorry I think i may have posted twice, something went wrong before. x
Helencat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi Helen

Have you thought about claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA) as well as Personal Independence Payment (PIP)? Maybe speak to your GP? Have a look on the Disability Rights website and Fightback. More forms and hassle if you apply, but their are organisations across the UK to help fill them in and advise you.

Don't feel defeated, get the help you need and what you are entitled to. xx
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby wishes45 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Ive just applied for pip i recieve dla low rate care componant im hoping to get mobility with this as the fibro an chronic pain stops me doing anything an my daughters have moved back home to help me so any advice from anyone about filling in the forms will be welcome thanks
wishes45
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Dont worry Helen if you do post twice one of the mods can sort it for you :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits