Information sheet for employers

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Information sheet for employers

Postby Horsey2203 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi,
Can anyone direct me or share an information sheet for employers? I have recently been diagnosed and finding my manager unhelpful, maybe as she doesn't understand the condition
Many thanks
Horsey2203
UKFM Newbie

Re: Information sheet for employers

Postby Zelphi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi, I had the same problem at work and even with friends who didn't understand. I googled fibro and printed out some information from various websites which I asked them to read. It didn't tell them everything just enough to understand some of the problems we have. I advised that if they wanted more details to check out the web.

I hope this is some help to you.

Gentle hugs
Zelphi
Zelphi
UKFM Newbie

Postby Horsey2203 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks zelphi, I keep meaning to do this. I have googled reasonable adjustments for Fibro, but not much success
Horsey2203
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 am

Popped you over into here with your question being related to working. It's difficult to say what constitutes reasonable adjustments as needs and requirements vary so much from individual to individual. Maybe have a think about the areas that you are struggling with, prioritise them, and look for potential ways to help ease the struggle and then speak to your employer about this. If you have an Occy Health dept, involving them might be an idea as they could have some helpful ideas and suggestions.

Wrt info for your employer, make sure what you give her to read comes from a reputable source, such as NHS Choices and maybe include a summary of how you are affected too, esp in your work environment, and also how you manage any similar problems elsewhere, such as at home, as it could all link in with your reasonable adjustments as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby woodie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi .I'm new to this so forgive me if I get it wrong. Recently been diagnosed with fibrosis so told my head at work.within 2nd asI was finished as was deemed unsafe in I lost concentration and walked into a flat. Seemed a bit harsh but be prepared some companies have very high health and safety measures
woodie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susieannie » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:12 am

Hi, I am getting increasingly worried about my return to work. My contract was originally for two days, I increased my days to help out.
Having been off for 9 weeks I know that a three day week is out of the question and I wish to return to my original hours.
My workplace will not want this to happen and I feel I will get relocated from the current area within the school to a much more demanding area which will see me struggle and therefore quit!
It's all about meeting the needs of the school I know but surely two days is better than none.
Susieannie
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits