[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Time to wait before assessment for ESA

Postby cdcrossy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:21 am

i never knew that support group was just on going i always thought you got a 2 or 3 year award
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 16, 2015 8:04 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby paulfoel » Mon May 18, 2015 3:31 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 pm

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am

clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 20, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks for that clarification clairbear xx I'm not at all surprised at your cynicism with you being a former DWP employee, sadly it's something that is rife pretty much everywhere these days :-( What you're thinking about new claims being started and old ones being closed off to make the figures look far nicer may well be one of the targets they're aiming for!!!

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:38 am

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby clairbear » Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 am

clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby sarahsnow » Thu May 21, 2015 1:28 pm

I never got a medical form to fill out within the 13 week assessment stage....I didnt even know about it. I eventually got it about 4 weeks before my 365days were up. I was on income based esa which stopped after the 365days and have not received anything since because my husband works. Not sure if there is an income cut off point like if your partner works 16hrs or under. I have since stopped myclaim as I had filled in the form an sent back but icouldnt make any of the appointments theysent me and technically I am still employed anyyway!!
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby paulfoel » Fri May 22, 2015 10:26 am

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Fri May 22, 2015 10:29 am

paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Sat May 23, 2015 1:23 am

clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby clairbear » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 am

Hi Guys n Gals :wave: ,

I know I didn't start this thread but I thought I'd update you all on my ESA after posting so much about it.
After becoming thoroughly pee'd off at still not having my assessment 15 months on from the beginning of my claim I wrote a large complaint letter to the head of DWP at Caxton House in London.
I decided to go straight to the top of DWP as I knew they'd have to log this complaint officially, I'd written at least 4 times previously and all my letters had been ignored.
I requested an ex-gratia payment for payments outstanding between June 14 and March 15 (as I'd only ever been paid the assessment rate) and gave reasons as to why I met certain descriptors, therefore being entitled to benefit.
I sent my PIP award also highlighting the cross over descriptors (mobility etc) and asked them to obtain a copy of the PIP report for further evidence. I also explained the emotional and financial stress they were causing and how it was adversely effect me and my family.

Within 5 days I received a call from the regional complaints team to confirm receipt of my letter and also to say that they had investigated the delay and requested Maximus send me an appointment ASAP.
Within 2 weeks I had my appointment details, which I attended last week.

Due to staff shortages they made me wait 2 hours for my appointment,they said they'd tried to contact me to tell me not to come in but I hadn't taken the call. It came to light when I got home that the reason for me not answering the phone was due to them calling 30 mins before my appointment, pointless when I set off 10 mins before the call!

The assessment took just over an hour, fortunately my partner was able to step in and discuss things with the nurse as I was losing the will to live and fidgeting like a child with ants in my pants due to the pain I was in! It got a bit awkward when she discussed my depression and suicidal thoughts as I'd never really talked to my partner about my demons, I wish she'd of given me the option to discuss that privately, but I just blurted it all out and then had to go home and explain it all to my partner so he understood where it all came from!
The fatigue hit hard and after a bad tummy (I guess this was stress as I'd only had a drink of water!) I slept for 3 hours when I got home, it left me mentally and physically drained.

I called for an update on my claim yesterday via the regional complaints team as they seem really nice and actually want to help.
I was told that I didn't need to go to assessment as the decision maker had overruled the original decision for a face to face and I had been awarded the Support Group. Why DWP / Maximus failed to call me to tell me that before I attended an unnecessary assessment I don't know, its almost like they are making extra work for themselves.

Until I have the letter in my hand and the money in the bank, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but a verbal Support Group confirmation has really eased the stress I've been feeling.
I'll let you all know when the official letter arrives and I've finally breathed a sigh of relief!
clairbear
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits