PIP decision

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP decision

Postby Mandalar23 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:41 pm

:-D I am a newbie here but have been following the forum for some time now and have found it very supportive and encouraging. I just had to share my good news, after years of trying to get some financial help, I have finally been awarded enhanced rate for mobility and daily living! It means so much to me, particularly as I can now get a mobility car. I am lying here with awful pain in my hips and elbows (amongst other things) but I keep picturing my new car which seems to help! Please don't think I am gloating but I have struggled for so long now it is such a relief, if nothing more than to be acknowledged! Goes to show that good things can come in brown envelopes sometimes! :-D
Mandalar23
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP decision

Postby Keep going » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 am

Good for you :). How did you manage to get it though , tips please
Keep going
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mandalar23 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:07 am

Just told them the truth really. Talked about my worst days - don't really have any good days but had some advice from social worker to only document how you are usually and not the good days. I think it helped that I had a very understanding assessor! I had applied for DLA 3 times previously and never been awarded anything so it feels as though I have been listened to and acknowledged. The most important thing for me is being able to get a decent car. I can only drive an automatic and every single automatic I have bought, the gearbox has gone after about 2 years so have had to sell for scrap. At least I can now get a reliable car!
Mandalar23
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am

That's fabulous news, well done for fighting the system and getting there in the end :-D Great to hear some good news, lets people know there can be light at the end of the tunnel. :welldone:

I hope you manage to get your new car soon :f1-car:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Polaris » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 am

I'm really pleased that you have been awarded PIP and congratulate you. :welldone: :welldone:

Having said that I think the very fact that we have to congratulate someone simply for getting what they need or deserve to enable them to live a normal life, demonstrates just how tough the benefits system has become. Most people who are sick or disabled don't exaggerate their condition or illness, because generally they don't have to. It is enough to emphasise the dramatic impact on their quality of life.

If life isn't difficult enough for people with incurable conditions, the government and the DWP give no weight to the stress they may cause by repeated assessments and re-assessments. :hit1:

While studies have shown that most people are intrinsically honest, many people are facing the consequences of a relatively small number of cheats and a government jumping at the opportunity to find a scapegoat to justify harsh cuts. We're paying for the banks and government mistakes. I've never heard of a city banker or a government minister using a FoodBank. Many disabled people who are rejected for PIP will not just fail to find employment, having been deemed fit for work, they will actually become housebound as their only means to escape the confines of their homes are ripped away from them. :scream-1:

My apologies for the rant :shooting: but I feel that just trying to obtain a fundamental right has become like trying to win the Lottery. We're all happy that someone has won but we don't think most of us have a hope in hell. :waiting:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/qu ... nkfully-no

:happy-easter1:
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby cebe74 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 pm

I have been in the same position,where you keep applying and keep getting turned down and then when you finally get a yes it is such a weight off your mind!! Well pleased for you,enjoy your car! :lol:
cebe74
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Well done.

I was turned down for the mobility as I only scored 4 on my walking and they wouldn't give me points for difficulties following a route/journey because I do not have a condition that effects my mind, uummmm yes I think you will find I do. I was awarded standard daily living allowance though.
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits