completing pip form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

completing pip form

Postby sarahsnow » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:05 am

Hi all!!! Quite possibly a silly question ;-) but when filling in the form under the communication bit....do you state that your words get in a muddleand you forhet whatyou was saying??? Or (I find!!) I cant hold a pen to write anything??? Not sure wheteri can put it or not?? Any advice would be gratefully received :-) xx
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Re: completing pip form

Postby WENMARIE » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Be honest about your symptoms and medications because they ask the same question in about 4 different ways.
I was awarded PIP after a home visit and after a check of my facilities, the lady didn't really know why she was there.
It was the quickest medical interview ever!!
I'd say ask a social worker or other professional to help with filling in the form and maybe a chaperone (if needed) when you have your interview/assessment.
Good Luck!!
WENMARIE
UKFM Member

Postby funnylady » Sun May 03, 2015 11:28 am

I got help filling the forms in I was honest and gave them a cope of my medications I was taking and much more.
I got a lot of advice CAB.
Now i.ve just been awarded pip.
They helped me with my forms as well.
Got it all back dated.
Thanks to CAB. :-D
Last edited by funnylady on Sun May 03, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi,

I wrote out my own PiP form, but FightBack UK will assist you for free if you contact them. Honesty is the best policy, but make sure that you let them know what your worst day is like. They are very good at stating "What is an average day like?" Which in all honesty doesn't apply to us, as I am sure others will agree, there is no average day.

It took me almost a week, and my writing showed how bad my shakes and communication is/was, and I wrote that in the communication area. I also told them about my stutter, forgetfulness of words, statements, and especially y short term memory. I was brutally honest about how I get stuck, like right now, to clearly express my thoughts and ideas.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi. I have just started getting PIP, I filled out the form with the help of my partner, he done the typing and writing (as CAB are hopeless where I live) but it was in my own words, I got help from another FM site as how to word it, I put plenty of detail about why I couldn't do things ect, write it as your worse day as i'm sure everyone knows there are a lot more worse days than better days, for example I wrote "on my worse days I can't get out of bed ect" I don't have any good days, just tell the truth and don't hold anything back, I was called for an assessment the middle of April, I was only in there 20 minutes, which I thought was a bad sign, I was all prepared to appeal, so couldn't believe when I got the brown envelope last week (didn't open it for hours) to say I was awarded standard rate care and mobility until 2019.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Mazz
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Mon May 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Fill everything in with as much honest information as you can, the more embarrassing the better, regardless of how small or insignificant you may think it is
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby sarahsnow » Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for your input!! Xx my first pip form I filled in with help from DAB and I didnt get it...so I have re applied and this time I have filled it in by myself with a little help from my friend. I have put alot moreinfo in into it thisti.e...incl that I am pretty much a reuse now as get nervous when out. A nd the prob wifh writing etc...so hopefully I will be succesful this time!!!xxx
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Tue May 05, 2015 10:59 am

I also included a 'statement of fact' listing out all the sections of the form and adding in loads of additional information, and also added sections they don't cover.

The form is designed to give as little information as possible.....for example, in the section about cooking they don't give you the option to simply say 'i don't cook because i can't'. They force you down a certain road, in this case to say that you do actually cook, so in this case I ticked all the max options (i need asssistance to cook, etc, etc) and then went into great detail about how it would be impossible and unsafe for me to attempt cooking as I require sticks/crutches to stand so don't have a free hand to carry/stir things, and attempting to do so would leave me in a vulnerable position.
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits