Tribunal today....sort of

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tribunal today....sort of

Postby katherine244 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:13 pm

So, I got there 25 minutes early. Went in an hour late. Got introduction from judge then some questions from judge, then some questions from doctor. The judge then sai they weren't even halfway through, they had to stop for lunch in 15 minutes and they couldn't run into the afternoon and so I'd have to come back another day. And if they couldn't get the same panel together again I'd have to start the whole thing from the beginning and do all the same questions again. Then they asked if they could see my medical records. Which thry claimed they've not seen, however the atos report referenced something they couldn't have known without seeing some of them. But the letter she referenced was not in the document pack. So a complete waste of time and a wasted days holiday for my partner....... :(
katherine244
UKFM Member

Re: Tribunal today....sort of

Postby Polaris » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 am

If it were me I would lodge a complaint. As an official body they have complaints procedures. I would find the appropriate one and follow it. In the past putting in an appeal or complaint you had several months but these days they give very little time so you would need to do it fairly soon.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ur-service
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Kathrine244,

I would look at the FightBack UK website. They are lawyers who work pro bono just to help with this sort of thing as they saw that so many people were getting shafted with the new rules. They have links, templates, and give you a step-by-step guide on what you need to do to appeal, and what the tribunal should be doing for you.

Good Luck.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Polaris wrote:If it were me I would lodge a complaint. As an official body they have complaints procedures. I would find the appropriate one and follow it. In the past putting in an appeal or complaint you had several months but these days they give very little time so you would need to do it fairly soon.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ur-service

I would complain too, that is simply unacceptable and you should point out how difficult it is for you to travel and your partner to get time off work. Lay it in as thick as you can because they really shouldn't have wasted your time like that. Appalling.

Good luck.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby katherine244 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:07 am

So I've got my appointment for another day at exactly the same time so I'll have exactly the same thing happen again..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:03 pm

thats terrible that i hate anything like that i have to get diazepam off doc just to cope its horrible to go somewhere that you have to go and explain yourself and put your fate to someone who is just thinking about there lunch says it all i would be complaining and demanding a different time and explain why
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits