A Positive PIP Journey

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A Positive PIP Journey

Postby gooders2274 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:41 am

Hi all, I am new to the forums although have been reading them for many months.
I know a lot of people have horror stories regarding PIP so I thought I would share what has been quite a positive and successful story as I know I read hundreds of stories myself over the last 6 months or so trying to find out information and timescales.

I initially rang PIP on 18th September 2014, I received and returned my forms and they were received and on their system on 30th October.

Once it was around the 6 months mark (end of March this year) I started to ring Atos regularly asking for a cancellation appointment and on my 3rd attempt I was given a face to face assessment in a centre not far from my home. I had my assessment on Sunday 12th April and the assessor was a lovely lady who was very understanding and sympathetic to my condition. She was very thorough and at the end of the assessment she said she would do her best to get me as many points as possible and that she would complete her report that day and send it back to DWP.

2 days later - 14th April, DWP received my report and it was sent to the decision maker and on the 22nd April (just 9 days later) the decision was made. I have been awarded Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility for 3 years.

I have today received my backdated payment from PIP as well as backdated disability premium from Income Support (both were backdated to the date I initially rang PIP to request forms 18th September 2014)

I am over the moon to say the least.
Hopefully more claims can be as plain sailing as mine :) xx
gooders2274
UKFM Newbie

Re: A Positive PIP Journey

Postby Gentlydoesit » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi everyone,
Following on from the last article I too had a really good PIP journey. I applied at the beginning of November 2014 and returned the forms at the beginning of December 2014 ( it took me ages to fill the forms in due to good old Fibro fog and fatigue!).
Two weeks later I received an appointment with Atos only a 30 minute drive from home for the beginning of January 2015.
The lady that assessed me was very thorough and understanding. At the end of our discussion she turned the PC monitor to face me and my husband and went through the whole application and verified what she had reported. The appointment lasted about an hour.
I was awarded standard rate for care and mobility on 24th March 2015 and pay was backdated to initial application back in November 2014.
To say I was relieved is an understatement!
This message is just to say that there are people with very positive results following PIP applications so please try not to get too disheartened if you are just embarking on the PIP application journey.
Gentle hugs to all x
Gentlydoesit
UKFM Newbie

Re: A Positive PIP Journey

Postby Purpledot » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi.

Just want to add that I also had a very positive experience with my PIP application and was awarded the enhanced mobility and standard daily living rates.

I didn't even have a face-to-face assessment. I assume the decision was based on the form I completed and the report from my physio.

It's good to hear other positive stories.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits