Income Support Disability Premiums

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Income Support Disability Premiums

Postby gooders2274 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi all, I have just been awarded PIP at enhanced daily living and standard mobility.
As I am on Income Support they have also backdated the Disability Premium for IS at £31.80 per week.

I have been looking on their website and see that there is also an Enhanced Disability Premium and a Severe Disability Premium.
As they are closed until Monday I wonder if anyone knows if I can claim either of these, as I think I meet the criteria but it has not been automatically given to like the other premium.

Thanks in advance for any advice x
gooders2274
UKFM Newbie

Re: Income Support Disability Premiums

Postby aziriphale » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:40 pm

you should get those as well but you have to apply for them, give them a ring monday and ask about it
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby Honeysmum » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Sorry if this an obvious thing, I was awarded PIP at standard rates a couple of weeks ago (have never claimed any kind of benefits before) but can you tell me what you mean by Income Support Disability Premiums? I am worried I should be doing something that I am missing. Thanks
Honeysmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sue C » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Honeysmum if you are entitled to income support then you should get a disability premium which is an extra amount on top of your income support. If you have a carer who claims carers allowance you will also get a carers premium. However they do deduct carers allowance from any income support you may get.
Sue C
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits