Floundering

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Floundering

Postby ursgirl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:30 pm

HI, I feel I need all sorts of help. I receive S.D.A.(£57:40 a week ) & D.L.A. (£86:20 a month).
I phoned I.S. this week to see if I could apply but they said 'cos I didn't have a child under 5yrs I couldn't get I.S.
please can someone advise me? I've had to fill in a form to see if I can get help with prescription charges.
I really feel like I floundering, I rely on food banks & family for food etc. I feel I daren't say my illness has got worse 'cos I don't feel able to go in front of a board again - :-| feeling very alone desperate & suicidal
Any advice gratefully received
ursgirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Floundering

Postby Flippy22 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:54 pm

You sound very low and I'm not surprised. Firstly are you on meds for depression? You need to see your doctor a tell them you feel suicidal. You need to ring DWP and ask to claim ESA, you will need to see d fit notes from your go. There should be a mental health crisis team in your area, ring them if you think you may harm yourself, I would ring them anyway and tell them you feel suicidal, they may be able to help you apply for ESA. Reply back with any questions.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby juliekp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi. U sound like u need a friend to speak to. Please use this site anytime for a vent or to chat. I know it is very difficult to keep having these assessments but u really do need to. If u ask them for support I am sure they will help u. Please dont suffer alone. Help will b there but we have to adk for it. Take care julie
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:23 am

Hi ursgirl,

I just walked in your shoes about a year ago. I was earning £5000 a month and after being poisoned was dropped to £72.50 that the government felt I should have. I went to the Samaritans because I too was ready to completely give up. I also went to a local church and begged for bread to go with the soup I could afford. I never told my parents how bad things were, so my daughter and I sold out jewelry for food and bills.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to keep you head up to see it.

Claim for housing and council tax if you aren't already doing that. The prescription form takes a little while, but keep all your receipts and when you get your HC2 you can go the the pharmacy and get it all back. Go to the .gov site and see what benefits are out there and apply for everything and anything that you qualify for. Also talk to your local authority. There is also a scheme for extra assistance with housing benefits if they deem your situation difficult enough. You fill out a form showing your income and ALL your bills, be honest, but it might make up the shortfall for you.

Sweetie, the tunnel is dark, but keep walking it, the light is there...

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits