A PIP Positive....

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A PIP Positive....

Postby darkcyde » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi all..... It's been a while since I posted anything, but I have been back regularly reading up on posts.

I thought I would let you all know of my recent positive experience with my DLA renewal into PIP as an attempt to help others think more positively.

I was originally awarded DLA (medium care, high mobility) back in 2012 for 9 months. Then it was renewed again without any problems until June this year (2015).

About 6 weeks ago I had a letter inviting me to apply for PIP as my DLA was to expire. So I called them to kick-start the process.....it was about a 20 minute phone call during which they asked if I would like my DLA evidence to be submitted with my PIP application.

About 2 weeks later I received the application form, which I filled out and attached a statement of fact, which is a statement my wife and I wrote for my dla application all about my day to day life and how my illness effects me.

About 2 weeks later after posting the form, I received a letter from ATOS with a home visit appointment for a medical.

On the day of the appointment the chap arrived. He was really nice, and actually prompted me to answer certain questions in a certain way.....we didn't lie or cheat, but rather he noted things that I didn't offer up, and he prompted me to offer the information...he couldn't have been nicer.

Today, about three weeks after the appointment, I received my letter stating I have been awarded enhanced care and enhanced mobility, which is about £115 a month more than I was getting with dla. This is awarded until April 2018.

I did enquire with my medical examiner as to what was going on with atos, and he said they are continuing with PIP assessments but have pulled out of esa assessments. In his words, the ESA assessor training is akin to sas training and the people who carry it out are heartless bastards, and he couldn't do it to people even if they asked him to.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a positive story in the hope it brings some light to your day.....we hear many stories of failed applications but not many successful ones.

My advice to anyone applying is to be as brutally and graphically honest on your application as possible....thr more shocking or embarrassing the more likely it is to succeed. I suffer with incontinence due to severe ibs, so I told everything about that that I could.
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: A PIP Positive....

Postby Crystal pink » Sat May 02, 2015 3:35 am

Thanks so much for the update, and advice..

I've been in receipt of DLA for many years now, Higher Rate mobility and low rate care allowance.. I'm due this year to move over to P.I.P.. So I appreciated reading your post.
Crystal pink
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits