can WP adviser say I'm work ready

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can WP adviser say I'm work ready

Postby Karrie » Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Just been to latest WP appointment which was for the ' job ready academy' course, trainer came in and asked if we were all on JSA, told her no I was on ESA and she said well your adviser has put you down as work ready. Didn't think they were allowed to do this as part of this new job ready club (patronize us why don't you), is to do a walk round of the local shopping centre which is huge and put cv's into all the shops. I'm not physically capable of walking round there and I'm not physically capable of shop work so I'm afraid I'm going to get sanctioned if can't comply. Anyone know my rights here
Karrie
UKFM Newbie

Re: can WP adviser say I'm work ready

Postby cdcrossy » Fri May 01, 2015 2:21 pm

i would get something from your doctor to say u cannot do psysical activities and give it to them as I'm the same i cannot walk long I've got a walking stick.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby emmafoll37 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi, try and get in touch with your local welfare rights officer, im due to have my tribunal and he will be accompanying me.
emmafoll37
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Why are you not in the ESA Support group?
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Karrie » Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

not in support group as it took 2 applications and an appeal before I even managed to get to wrag, fibro seems to be a condition that atos think we made up, at medical the assessor basically ignored the fibro and concentrated on the anxiety and depression aspects of my application. I'm about to reapply under change of circumstances as major events in the family have caused a lot more stress which in turn brings on the severe flare ups and as of last week I'm virtually unable to walk. WP advisor has now admitted they have no notes on my condition and anyway they have been told to treat esa and jsa clients the same, so it seems A4e is the miracle cure we've all been waiting for
Karrie
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Mon May 11, 2015 5:41 pm

i think it all depends on the assessor you have because u have to remember not all assessors are familiar with fibro and just shrug it off i always get as much evidence and reports and send them with forms and take to assessment i done that with my esa and got put in support group
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Karrie » Mon May 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Just a wee update, been into a4e again on Thursday and it seems I've greatly annoyed the wp adviser by telling her I didn't feel I should have been put in the work ready group, her reply was 'well you were down as a 12 month reassessment so I don't know why you''ve not been changed to JSA after the 12 months were up, so I'm going to contact the job centre and get them to arrange a quick reassessment for you.'
this just confirmed what I thought originally, that wp advisers have absolutely no idea how the system works for esa and they're making it up as they go along, anything goes as long as they get you working one way or another and get a nice fat payment for it
Karrie
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits