Getting pip

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Getting pip

Postby funnylady » Mon May 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Just to say that I am now getting pip.
Been trying for weeks turn down first time.
But did not give up went for it again.
Was hard but carried on until I got a phone call from pip they asked ma lots of different things.
Then at the end of that week I got a letter saying that I going to get pip back dated for ten weeks.
So I am relieved and happy.
Start as you mean to go on never give up.
if you now your initialled to it.
But I did get lots of help and advise with my forms and the appeal.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Re: Getting pip

Postby Mazz64 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Funnylady, well done you! I was all ready to appeal if I was turned down, but thank God I got it first time after an assessment in April.

Mazz
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby Lindenp » Tue May 05, 2015 12:45 pm

I have been given the standard rate for both sections which means I'm losing my car! :yikes:

Seeing Welfare Rights on Thursday to see what I can do to get it increased but was told that they can reduce it as well as increase it so not sure what to do now! I was all ready to fight it but I don't want to lose what I've got. The assessor said I can walk for miles, no cognitive problems, no anxiety even though I had to take a Tramadol because of the pain in my stomach from the stress of it! No weakness in muscles, can cook a meal for myself all the time. All this even though I had higher rate mobility DLA and they had accepted that I couldn't prepare a meal for myself. Unbelievable!

Good luck to everyone who is going through this nightmare!

Gentle Hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Tue May 05, 2015 7:35 pm

i know how you feel I'm up for reassessment on thurs and I've goto go in on me own and i have server anxiety problems my gp gave me some diazepam to care me down I'm dreading it i get standard for both and I'm happy with that but i get really stressed out thinking about it all the time. but there is nothing you can do it is what it is and they have the last say all the time i have figured out . i hope you get it sorted if you have all your medical evidence and reports to back you up then you should be ok.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits