ESA capability assessment form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA capability assessment form

Postby Mini » Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 pm

I've been put on contribution based ESA. I've now received the capability assessment form to fill out and send back. How does everyone else fill this form out? For instance it asks whether I can take two steps etc. well yes I can, but I've a feeling I am going to get penalised for that!

I don't know whether I'm going back to work or not, I am still currently employed but haven't worked for 10 months. If I've still technically got a job then will they take that into consideration with the work capability assessment? i.e. Not stop my ESA if they don't score me any points because I already have a job to go back to? I'm confused with it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mini
UKFM Member

Re: ESA capability assessment form

Postby murph » Wed May 06, 2015 5:36 pm

just be careful what you do say ,because when you do have a assessment what yu put on form they will revert back to
murph
UKFM Newbie

Postby lancashire-lass » Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 pm

My best advise to you would be to subscribe to the "Benefits and Work" site as it's the best £19.95 that I've ever spent,
They take you through the questionnaire step by step and question by question advising you how to best explain your medical condition.
There are sections for ESA and PIP, and there is also a forum where you can get information - I have had occasion to throw myself at their mercy and come away with the info that I needed
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Wed May 06, 2015 6:47 pm

If your local council has a benefits advice department contact them for help. I did when i had mie to fill in it helped me get in support group
Garyl
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits