just had pip assessment 1 yr on

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just had pip assessment 1 yr on

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 07, 2015 6:54 pm

hi just had my pip assessment which i don't know how to take it really i had a 90min wait in the waiting room then a 1hr consultation but felt like i was being robbed of a fair assessment so ill start from beginning and please tell me if I'm wrong.

ok i have fibro,anxity problems,hip problems back problems and other various things, so of a week I've been stressed about this appointment and the doc gave me diazepam which did stop it mostly but i got there and had to wait 90 mins before seeing someone then when i got into the appointment room was told that the assessor had not read all my notes etc just wrote a few things down then proceeded to try and catch me out to which i was like in a world of my own and wanted to just get out. then i was asked about making cups of tea to which i asked in a kettle or a one cup and she took i could use a kettle after i said no i don't make tea. then i was asked to i have a walking stick which i do and it was right in front of her so dunno why that happened. then was asked how far i could walk i said not far prob to waiting area then i would be in pain and have to stop and rest but i don't go anywhere no more as i cannot stand to go out.then i was asked in mins how long would it take to walk the shop so i asked how long would someone travel in a min as all people are differrent then she said 10 mins 5 mins what so i said a few mins thats all. there was more but i just couldn't tell what the hell her game was i had burn marks on my arm from when i tried to cook and big scratches where i fell the other day but when i mentioned them it just got dismissed so i haven't a clue what will happen I'm on standard for both now but I'm kinda worried about the assessment i just had. thanks for reading but i know ppl on here understand.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: just had pip assessment 1 yr on

Postby Crystal pink » Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 pm

So sorry to hear you had such an arduous time! You've GOT to have the same 'complaint' yourself before you can truly understand the real impact on other sufferers!!

How on earth can they be allowed to keep you waiting for 90 mins? :evil:

I hope you managed to open their eyes to your everyday struggles.. and also hope you've been successful with your application..
Crystal pink
UKFM Member

Postby carlysmum » Thu May 07, 2015 8:38 pm

hi,i too had my pip assessment today a yr on and was also made to wait over an hr,my partner came with me but there was absolutely nowhere to park so he could'nt come in with me and by the time i got seen i had worked myself up so much that i had a panic attack! she asked me why i was so upset and i told her "i told u i needed my partner with me and theres nowhere to park so now i have to do it on my own" she then gave me brainteasers to do????? never had that before,and asked me to do some exercises like bending down and touching my toes but i told her i could'nt because of the pain,so dont know how it went today,i kinda feel that she thought i was making it up so i guess i will just have to wait and see now,i am currently getting standard mobility! i hope u dont have to wait too long for ur reply from them and hope u r sucessful hun xxx
carlysmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 07, 2015 11:11 pm

thanks for the reply i know my partner was waiting round the corner with the youngest child and i made them ring her and tell her i would not be out on time i also had them tests and counting spelling etc but the lady who took me told me i haven't had time to look at your file i just got asked to do this now which i wasn't too happy with also i was asked could i make a cup of tea which i don't drink so then i was asked would you be able to make someone a cup of tea if everything was infront of you which i answered yes as in my house my partner uses a one cup not a kettle but there would be mess also i couldn't handle a 4 pint of milk properly. i just felt like i was being tricked all the time i was there to which i have nothing to trick i answered all questions best i could my jaw was killing me as i was very anxious in waiting room and was biting my teeth together for 90mins didn't help but its out of my hands now all i can do is ask for reconsidaration and get my medical report from atos to see what was wrote about the assessment.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 am

I found Atos excellent, do not know whether I am keen on Maximus, actually I;m not
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Fri May 08, 2015 9:26 am

i have been in agony all night and this morning is like I'm having a full attack on my muscles my legs back neck arms all hurting them crapy seats have done a number on me
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits