pip dla

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip dla

Postby lucylulu » Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 am

i am on income related esa wrag group and am also my granddaughters carer, i do struggle at times with my illness and have thought recently about claiming pip, do you think being a carer would stand against me, i don t want to go through all the stress if there is no point.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Re: pip dla

Postby didavo » Sun May 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Lucy lulu, I'm a carer for my daughter and I've got my pip assessment at the end of the month, being a carer hasn't affected my claim but I can no longer claim carers allowance as I need a carer. It may be worth you getting a bit more advice from a benefits advisor but I'd say go for it.
didavo
UKFM Newbie

Re: pip dla

Postby lucylulu » Sun May 10, 2015 10:06 pm

thankyou for replying so quickly, did i read you right that you are on esa too, if this is the case i might give it a try, i just don t want to get myself ill worrying i will lose my esa, my grandaughter has downs and caring for her is a labour of love which comes first, i am 60 next year and would have had my state pension but like a lot of us fifty somethings i have to wait till im 66, my illnesses are progressing and i am constantly in pain and the tiredness is overwhelming, if im entitled to pip i might just apply x
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits