Moving from DLA to PIP : Payments...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Moving from DLA to PIP : Payments...

Postby darkcyde » Tue May 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi all

I've just gone through the change from DLA to PIP and I was wondering if anyone else here has.

The reason I'm asking is because my PIP confirmation letter said that my DLA will cease and PIP will commence on 27th May. Now, this is 3 weeks into the 4 week payment schedule of DLA, so today I had 3 weeks DLA money paid in.

Does anyone know if I will receive a PIP payment tomorrow (being the first day of my PIP award) or are they going to pay it at the end of the first 4 weeks of the award?

I'm assuming first payment will be on the first day, so tomorrow, otherwise they are going to make me go 7 weeks on 3 weeks money.

It was a bit sneaky of them to cut it off at 3 weeks if that is the case as it'll save them money....not a lot, but if they do that with everyone it adds up to a chunk!
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: Moving from DLA to PIP : Payments...

Postby sheen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi, I got similar letter. They changed the date for p.I.p. it meant I got a payment two wekks early but only a payment for two weeks. Basically half what I'd normally get. I assume my next payment will be 4 weeks from last payment. It's going to cause a lot of issues for me as I too have direct debits...Hope this makes sense.
sheen
UKFM Newbie

Postby KenRP » Thu May 28, 2015 9:26 am

You need to phone them straight away. You may need to make a claim for PIP before you get anything.

Lots of help and advice here. http://fightback.boards.net/forum
KenRP
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Thu May 28, 2015 9:30 am

KenRP....who are you referring to? I've already been awarded PIP as I said in my post.

No payment on first day of PIP and a bit more hunting on Google finds that PIP is paid in arrears, so despite the DWP promising no break in payments when transitioning from DLA to PIP, in truth we are expected to last 7 weeks on 3 weeks dla waiting for PIP payments to start.....people with DD's relying on the payment to make bills are going to have problems!!
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits