PIP Tribunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Tribunal

Postby katherine244 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:36 pm

So, after a year (including sending my form, being refused, requesting mandatory reconsideration, being refused again) I got a tribunal date. It was at 10:00 so I arrived a good half hour early so I wasn't late! The 09:00 appointment overran so I didn't get into the tribunal until 11:00
At 12:45 I was told that they had to have lunch soon and they couldn't overrun my tribunal into the afternoon so we weren't going to finish. I was then told that I would get a new appointment, that it would be the first of the day so that it had to complete next time and that they would book a double appointment because fibro is not a straightforward condition. They also requested that I allow them to get copies of my medical records.
Firstly, if they wanted my medical records why didn't they get these before the first attempt at tribunal?? If it had finished they'd have done the whole thing without so why request them for the second attempt?
Second, I received my new tribunal appointment on Saturday in the post. It's for June 30th at 10:00 so I'm in exactly the same position as last time.
What can I do about this because my partner and I have already wasted one day of holiday on a tribunal that wasn't completed? Now I have one at exactly the same time, which will probably be another waste because after almost 2 hours last time they said we weren't even halfway through. So it looks like I would end up going back a third time as I can't see us getting through it next time when it's at exactly the same time of the morning as my first one.
katherine244
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Tribunal

Postby bigmommas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 pm

I was given an appt for 22nd may at 10-30 I live in Leicestershire and was asked to travel to derby,(this is far too long for me to sit)I was worried if I rang and asked for a home visit I would have my appt put back but it worried me so muchi rang them the man was very nice and I got my home visit for the same date and time.Then I got a letter 2 days before it to make sure I keep my appt on 26th may so I rang them querying it only to be told they didn`t have an appt for me on the22nd it had been moved but she turned up and it took 2hrs awaiting result now.If I was you I would ring them and tell them that you cannot get there again and arrange an appt to suit you at home x :yikes:
bigmommas
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP Tribunal

Postby katherine244 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:01 pm

For a tribunal?? I thought you could only have a medical assessment at home but the tribunals service have to do the tribunal at their offices??
katherine244
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits