What can I apply for?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What can I apply for?

Postby Walrus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Having never claimed any benefits prevviously I have no idea about the system. Briefly, I gave up work about 6 weeks ago as it was unfair to my colleagues as I wasn't pulling my weight. The brain fog made it impossible to carry on and the pain affected my concentration so much I was making mistakes and was unable to lift heavy files etc.

I have good days when I can manage to walk the dogs or do some shopping etc and days like today when I couldn't get out of bed until 4.30. I cannot see anyone giving a 59 year old with these problems a job. Do I apply for jobseekers or something else?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

:yikes:
Walrus
UKFM Member

Re: What can I apply for?

Postby Mummyc13 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:36 pm

If your unable to work then apply for ESA, depending how bad your fibro is you may be entitled to pip. I was diagnosed in March I'm only 27 and have just been appected for pip and ESA previously on income support but ideally go talk to the advisors at your local jobcentre or complete the benefit Calculator on the gov website they'll tell you all that your entitled too hope this is of some use best wishes
Mummyc13
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:56 pm

you should definetly apply for ESA get that first then go for pip. I am 60 in 24 days my health has prevented me working for so long now, I am scared about applying for pip myself, Worse thing is struggling so badly , i use a walker with three wheels to get around and there are days when i have o lean on it to walk rather then use my hands.

Hope you can get some help from DWP it sucks having fibro and no one from governemnt bodies truly understand are suffering.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Matt Ashdown » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 pm

My wife is on ppi daily allowance do we highlight the disabled yes question on the front page?
Matt Ashdown
UKFM Newbie

Postby Walrus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Just a quick update. I applied for ESA over the telephone and it has been granted. The have sent me the form, which I have submitted. Will let you know how I get on.
Walrus
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits