My PIP Update

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My PIP Update

Postby Doughnut » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 am

Hello all

This is just an update and hopefully will help others. I had my PIP home assessment and the lady was very nice and understanding ( I was bricking it that I would get some not so nice). I have been lucky and been a\warded high rate care and mobility till 2021 which really surprised me as I was told they only do it year by year but not sure if I have to go through other assessments yearly like ESA at the moment.

Please keep trying if your not successful, my gp wasn't even asked for any information about my conditions and the CAB helped me filling out my application, all in all it took about 10 weeks from applying to receiving the decision.

Good luck all

D x
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Re: My PIP Update

Postby flashsjill » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Do tell us more about what they questioned you on, I have mine coming up x
flashsjill
UKFM Newbie

Re: My PIP Update

Postby Doughnut » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 am

Hello Jill

She basically went through my form with me and wrote down any other things she thought would help me. She asked about things like ... did I use any disabled aids around the house and in the bathroom and also about travelling. PIP requirements for mobility (imho) are stricter than DLA. But I would still go on the basis of telling your assessor what its like on your worse days not your better ones. I had my carer with me which helped alot because she could tell them things I dont notice as much. But most of the questions where just add ons from what you write on your PIP form. Not sure if this will help but good luck Jill.

D xx
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits