Turned down for PIP - Lots of errors

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Turned down for PIP - Lots of errors

Postby paulfoel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:20 am

Hmmm. Turned down for PIP.
Not quite sure where the assessor got half of this info from but its all wrong.

I guess I can appeal? Looking at the forum - it seems fairly normal that they try this first time around?
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Re: Turned down for PIP - Lots of errors

Postby TheHud » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

paulfoel wrote:Hmmm. Turned down for PIP.
Not quite sure where the assessor got half of this info from but its all wrong.

I guess I can appeal? Looking at the forum - it seems fairly normal that they try this first time around?

I was reading through the full version of my GP notes the other day and can see clearly why we get rejected. My GP, unknowingly has probably prevented me getting into the ESA support group. For example, in conversation and because i was happy, I said I had driven to see him for the first time in 3 years, I also added but have a feeling it will take me a long time to get back and several stops over the 5 miles. It had taken 2 stops to get there to un cramp and wait for a spasm and pain to stop, plus unlocking my hands. This he did not note only that i can now drive. He further noted that the pregablin had stopped the pain, he failed to note it was the mad knife like pain in various parts of my body that could completly send me to hell for months that had eased. The muscle, skin, joint, head etc, pain remained.

There are more! GPs should follow the GP guidelines and only stick to proof and reality, anecdotal info without proper elaboration and mitigation should not be included in patient notes. If he tried to change them now they would ignore him.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby KenRP » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Lots of help and information here. http://fightback.boards.net/forum

Still waiting for he brown envelope to arrive here...
KenRP
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Yes really annoyed - theres some crap paragraph from the assessor at the beginning saying we believe this that and the other, nothing about walking at all. Only on the next page- says you can walk 200m!

Where did they get this from I'll never know!!!!!!

Funnily enough, wife went for ESA appt last week also. Questions are pretty identical but she felt the assessor seemed to understand a bit better what she was explaining. Will be a bit weird if ESA assessment comes back as can't walk 50m - which she cant without pain.

Could we use this to argue about ESA then?

Never understand why there are TWO assessments with identical questions...... :-(
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits