pip decision

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip decision

Postby cdcrossy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:04 pm

hi just thought id let anyone who wants to know about decisions for a reassessment for pip as i had a reassessment last month and my award runs out nxt year. i rang them up and asked about evidence i sent in and also asked about decision as the lady on the telephone couldn't find a decision and also told me that some decision makers make a decision there and then and some see when the award runs out and waits till then thats why i haven't heard anything about it as it worries me waiting for that brown envelope.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: pip decision

Postby sue cooper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Most unfair & morally wrong!!! surely they should all be singing from the same hymn sheet...is there no protocol & definition as to what they can/can't reveal & what decision has been made, or a time limit on when people are informed?

This absolutely needs as many people as possible to write to Ian Duncan Smith & demand answers to this...it is wholly wrong to make people wait nearly a year for an answer when others get it sraight away.

I will certainky protest to him!
sue cooper
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:40 pm

i know my first thought was all the ppl including me who need this and are waiting for a decision after being re assessed a r before the award is up and keeping them in suspense. I'm a nervous wreck waiting for the postman every day
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:46 pm

It's just wrong, it stinks and it can only get worse. People are getting their MPs involved and in some cases, if you have a conservative mp, it seems to speed things up. Whatever the party some are calling DWP on behalf of people.

May be worth a try.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:03 pm

i just feel bad for other people who are also waiting my friend is in the same boat his award is up nxt year and he has also had assessment and has heard nothing but he and i are still getting pip payments so i have no idea ill keep you updated thou
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Tessa2373 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Am half way through my first 3 year pip award and I will need to apply again end of next year and I am already anxious about it. They move the goal posts all the time. I have Fb aswell as other issues and depend on the money because I can't work full time and need my mobility car in order to work and get around. I'm so worried about it. I have sympathy for all of you out there suffering the same thing. It took 7 months for my decision on my first application. They did back date it but the waiting was dreadful.
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:24 am

i know how you feel its nerve racking i just wish i could work id be out there now i done a full electrical course to become a electrically tester and inspector and after i passed i couldn't even do a days work i was in such pain all over i couldn't walk.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:39 pm

got me dreaded brown envelope today.
they put me on enhanced mobility and standard care thank god its over for another few yrs
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:36 am

Brilliant news!
Glad its come through with a positive result.

Just thought I'd mention as its kinda freaky (coincidental is probably more fitting) but I trained to be an Electrician, passed all my test and inspect and hoped to one day become an assessor and like you I couldn't do it if I tried now - Wouldn't be able to get up the ladders with my kit and tester, let alone crawl around in a loft space looking for cables!
My Dad keeps getting on at me to just do PAT but I've told him its not as simple as just testing, he thinks I'll be able to get everyone to bring everything to me...can't see that happening!

Anyway congrats on the PIP I'm really happy its sorted for a few years, hopefully when your renewal comes round DWP will have sorted their crap out!
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:55 am

Congratulations! I bet that's a load off your mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 am

clairbear it prob depends i know there is a place in manchester that do a 1 day course for your pat cert think it was 230.00 but all done in a day if i can remember hehe. my friend has just started up on his own as well keeps ringing me and asking to be his partner but i just cannot do it i couldn't live with my self if i did something wrong and it hurt people thats not worth the money to me i like to be safe at all times. my friend also says there is no money in pat testing unless you have contracts like schools businesses etc as it is very hard now to get a good price per test.
hope this helped
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits