Turned down PIP+ESA - pay runs out - what now?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Turned down PIP+ESA - pay runs out - what now?

Postby paulfoel » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Thing is with a lot of this - a lot of people like my wife just dont have the energy or ability to focus to do all this appealing and arguing. Its just wrong.

So its going to me who does it - I've got enough on working full time and helping the wife as it is. Hence why I am forum poster on her behalf...

Its just so nuts.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

paulfoel wrote:Thing is with a lot of this - a lot of people like my wife just dont have the energy or ability to focus to do all this appealing and arguing. Its just wrong.

So its going to me who does it - I've got enough on working full time and helping the wife as it is. Hence why I am forum poster on her behalf...

Its just so nuts.

I know it's what they count on, people not going to appeal is about 66%. So out of the ones that do about 45% succeed, then again i may be getting my figures muddled. No my brain still functions the whole thing is designed to ration. The mentally ill, terminally ill and exhausted do not stand a chance without help. My hubby is a godsend too, trust me we are grateful and love you to bits and back ;)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:42 am

Exactly. Turn everyone down and thats 2/3 of people you never have to worry about again.....
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby funnylady » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:35 pm

I was trued down for pip the first time so I got a referral .
But I did get help from CAB.
There helped me loads with doing the pip form.
SO I sent all the information off that CAB helped me with and I got pip and I got it all back dated.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 pm

funnylady wrote:I was trued down for pip the first time so I got a referral .
SO I sent all the information off that CAB helped me with and I got pip and I got it all back dated.

Thanks that is worth knowing :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Following on from Ian Duncan Smith stating that, the DWP, does not collect data on the number of people that have died, having been turned down for ESA or PIP, Cameron is now saying that the figures are being collated ready to be published.

We shall see how they have managed to juggle this one. What they will fail to realise is that the already documented cases are already a few too many.

Not sure if anyone has been following this but the stories are heartbreaking. A 200,000 signature petition has finally made them follow the court directive.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:41 pm

funnylady wrote:I was trued down for pip the first time so I got a referral .

Are CAB really any good?

Maybe Im biased but my uncle used to volunteer at CAB and he just thought he knew it all (when he didnt) so I just assumed its full or people like this.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:45 pm

TheHud wrote:Following on from Ian Duncan Smith stating that, the DWP, does not collect data on the number of people that have died, having been turned down for ESA or PIP, Cameron is now saying that the figures are being collated ready to be published.

We shall see how they have managed to juggle this one. What they will fail to realise is that the already documented cases are already a few too many.

Not sure if anyone has been following this but the stories are heartbreaking. A 200,000 signature petition has finally made them follow the court directive.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Never having had experience of the disability benefits system before I will now agree that it does seem very difficult for the genuine person (i.e who previously worked and is now ill) to get anywhere with it which is totally wrong. But then there are millions in this country who seem able to play the game and get it so there needs to be a crackdown - its a pity everyone has to be treated badly though.

Same with unemployment benefit - I have experience of. Pay £1000s in tax and then lose your job - its scary how little you can get while there are others who choose this as a lifestyle.

Not wanting to get political but a lot of these sort of people have been screwing the benefits system for years and years - before the current government.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Paul

you need to read this.

Benefit spending includes all costs associated with managing and assessing benefits. It also includes the largest group who infact work and get top up or child benefit.

I think the latest figures show that only 4% of the total budget goes on ESA, PIP etc and of that total less than 1% of the 4% are considered there untruthfully. That includes the cost of contracts to manage, civil service, mp pay, consultaions, admin and help in the home etc.;

The largest bill for benefits is housing and top up wages to those living in the Southeast. Of course the only ones who benefit from that are the greedy landlords, large companies and land owners. It is a popular mis conception dreamt up by politicians to keep the masses angry and make their sense of society go away :(

Anyway this is from last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29898083

However, most people have been brainwashed to believe that the 'welfare' element of spending is all about benefits, we all even got a letter showing the breakdown to make sure the rumour mill and paranoia got well underway to accept cuts to spending.

Lets face it paul, do you really think someone who is not genuine will get through this circus or even try to get through. There are better ways to get £74 per week. When you compare possible dodgy benefits scroungers with SMEs and big businesses that avoid tax and pay crap, in the world of dodgy the odd ones that gets through, is but a mote in Gods eye.

The welfare system is supposed to be for those in need, personally if they want to target anyone it should be the massive cost of housing mainly in London. Make the landlords sell up to proper housing associations at the price they paid, on a long term agreement, after all they have already had their pound of flesh off the tax payer.

Also it was the last government in 2006 that introduced the benefit changes that we all now suffer under, not the latest rabble.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby paulfoel » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:33 pm

Fair play Hud but I do know people who have managed to get on ESA (or whatever it was years ago) when there is pretty much nothing wrong with them and now have no intention of ever working. Advantage of this of course the jobcentre dont try and make you work.

There are LOADS of people in the area of the country I live (South Wales) who do this. LOADS. Did you ever see the programme skint about merthyr tdfil? I was born about 12 miles away from there - really winds me up some of the scroungers on that program.

Both myself and my wife were brought up on council estates by working class families. We've both done well, shes a nurse, I work in IT.
In the past, its annoyed me that I've been made redundant and got £74 a week and nothing else after years of paying mega amounts of tax. Similarly, my wife has worked as a nurse for 15 years. Now shes about to lose her job due to illness and she will get ZERO money from ESA/PIP.

BUT there are scumbags out there who play the system, seem to get this money, get a house, have enough money for beer/fags etc.
paulfoel
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't doubt that there is Paul, but they are in the minority ever since 2005, perhaps even 2001 when the changes started. I think for the genuine ones to be hammered the way they are now is just wrong especially when it costs more to administer than any scroungers could ever get. I could not live like they do, but yes agree they do exist as a backlog.

Historically high employment, you see the ones that are playing the system but the majority are real. In times of hardship many will try, its human survival instinct.

What I like about the new system in theory, is that if you get into the support group you can do permitted work. This might sound daft because you are not fit for work. However, the permitted work allows someone who can't hold down a rules and time driven job to still contribute flexibly. I like that idea, I think I could do something if it was OK for me not to come in or be late, or a bit loopy etc.

So by not putting those in genuine need in the support group they are denying them the chance to contribute to society and they are, by default making the benefit bill bigger. Even if you can only work for 10 hours a week you will pay some tax and the employer will pay contributions. Above all you are not wasted.

It was all good in theory.

Like your single mums and the various dad thing in SWales, you have the same issue in many areas in London. Its worse there because the housing stock is very poor and the rent horrendous. London could probably knock your naughty scroungers into little league if it was just about money. Daft thing is in the SE if you work in a low paid job, or even under national average you will need benefits to find a bedsit to live in lol So the benefit bill never shrinks in the SEast.

Not funny really, but it all beggers belief.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits