Debate on Fibromyalgia in Parliament

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Debate on Fibromyalgia in Parliament

Postby lizashfield » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Thank you for the transcripts; they make a very interesting read.
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi.

Thanks to TheHud for the heads up on that. I actually listened to it live yesterday. I don't know how things will move on from that but it seemed positive enough.

Did anybody else hear about (and cheer?) Ian Duncan Smith's major cock up? It's a long shot but I hope it changes the DWP's current anti ill and disabled bias for the better (maybe with IDS being replaced with someone who is human and will make the feckless work and stop picking on us) I don't know about anybody else but for me the worry over the possibility of being made poorer and/or being forced into work I can't do has been another cause of stress and anxiety I really don't need.

Have a good one.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Icarus wrote:Hahaha well thank you anyway!

lizashfield wrote:Thank you for the transcripts; they make a very interesting read.

No worries, you're welcome :)

UnderSeige - do you mean the expenses card thing? I'd just heard a little about it, need to find out more.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby UnderSiege » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Zia, hope you're well.

Yeah, I meant the expenses card (couldn't remember the words exactly when I mentioned it on my last post, Duh!)

I get that politicians have expenses as part of doing their job and that's cool (as long as they're working for us which seems less and less the case these days...) but it's been a thing that many blag it like chavs in recent years.
I thought they got paid really well (on top of salaries for consulting/advising jobs for corporations etc, it's well known they do that too)

IDS and the like want to try having to live with a mostly horrible family while making ends meet on ESA... I'd much rather go out and make more money working (if I had the experience/grades to make the national average but I'd be lucky to make a grand a month, not even enough to cover rent and basics around here... not that I'm complaining about the ESA btw. The welfare state is one of the things we Brits should be proud and glad of)
However, to my eternal consternation, Fibromyalgia makes my ability to work far too unreliable for employment right now. If I could get a job it would be cleaning most likely (what I used to do and I was good at it too)... I'd manage a few days, have a crash and get the sack (like last time...)

Have a good one!
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi,

Yeah I forgot the word until just before I pressed submit lol!

Yeah it's the variability of this thing that makes it hard to keep a job...I know I could still *do* something but I can't be relied on to sleep every night (and I have tried everything!) so until that changes somehow I can't promise I can get into work every day. And my mind is not what it was, and I physically can't cope with a full day, so all in all I'm a great catch :(

I just wish people would believe me when I say I really would rather be working than sitting at home day after day watching trash tv because I can't concentrate enough to even read a book and it hurts to sit upright for too long. Anyone who really thinks this is better than working is an absolute muppet. And having to prove ourselves time and again to the benefits folk is insane. I know a minority are screwing the system but the majority are not. Sorry for that rant!

I try not to dwell on it, and I try not to worry about the future, because there's nothing I can do really...
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi Zia2014

Thankyou soooooooo much for typing that very interesting report.

All I can say is wow :crazy: :-? :-D
At long last us fibromites have been heard I dont feel so invisible now or feel like Im on another planet.

:grouphug:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Hear hear to the doing something useful.. feeling useful... Its why the ESA support group was created but more and more are not being allowed the option of trying. Its just plain daft!

Thanks Undersiege hope you have a good one tonight :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits