Is it worth adding this to my pip form?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is it worth adding this to my pip form?

Postby Mandae » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Evening all,

When I went for my mri to see f I had ms, the results on my brain came back normal but my spine showed up the following and I'm not sure if I should add it to my PIP form.

There is normal vertebral alignment and preservation of the vertebral body heights,

There is degenerative dehydration of the T6-7 T7-8 discs and of the L4-5 and S5-S1 disc

The altantoaxial joint and the cranioverebral junction appears normal. The spinal cord appears to be normal without any compression, myelopathy or demyelination. The conus maedullaris is at normal physiological level.

There are small posterior bulges at the T6-7, T7-8 and T8-9 without aunt foraminal stenosis or nerve rood impingment.

There are posterior disc bulges at the L4-5 and S5-S1, without any central canal or foraminal stenosis. There is no impingment of the existing nerve roots at these levels.

I have no idea what half of this means and when I asked my doctor he just said degenerative means just that but I don't know what it means put with the dehydration ( as useful as a chocolate teapot!)

When I put degenerative dehydration of the spine in to google it comes up with degenerative disc disease.
So is it worth adding to my PIP form or should I leave it of as there is no mention of how severe or not sever as the case may be, it is.
Would be greatfull for any advice.
Mandae
UKFM Member

Re: Is it worth adding this to my pip form?

Postby stripes64 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 pm

imo I would put this
There is degenerative dehydration of the T6-7 T7-8 discs and of the L4-5 and S5-S1 disc

There are small posterior bulges at the T6-7, T7-8 and T8-9

There are posterior disc bulges at the L4-5 and S5-S1

The full description will be with all your notes from your Dr & consultants.

It's worth mentioning now as in the future it could get worse as it is age related.
stripes64
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi Mandae.

Absolutely do what Stripes64 said. Include everything in the form but keep it short as demonstrated (they'll use any excuse to not understand you or ok your claim including the old 'TL:DR')

Best of luck with your PIP claim, I go for mine on Tuesday.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Jasperheidi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:23 pm

This result indicates age related"wear and tear"
Jasperheidi
UKFM Member

Postby DHATHAWAY2 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:43 pm

i would add as much as possible to the P.I.P form as i have heard it all helps . i have yet to apply , cant till nov. if i were you i would get gp to refer you to a neurologist for your back issues as i am awaiting my appointment with neuro as i had an mri that showed DDD in lower back and white matter changes on brain
DHATHAWAY2
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cuddles6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Add everything that effects u x :-o
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby Mandae » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks guys for the advice, the forms turned up yesterday and I'm dreading filling them in. They ask you to write about your best and worst days and I have to wonder if that is them trying to be sneaky and get out of giving you anything.
Mandae
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits