pip decision advise

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip decision advise

Postby dragonwarrior » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:16 am

i have just received my pip decision and i have been allowed standard care and standard mobility. there are a couple of points i don't think are right 2 on the care side and 1 on mobility. On the care side they have said i need a aid or appliance to wash or bath my wife bless her has taken offence at being called a aid or appliance as it is her that helps me in and out of the over bath shower and helps me groom ie shave, wash my hair and wash my lower body as i can't do this myself.Secondly i need a aid or appliance to dress or undress my wife has to help me get my bottom half dressed as i struggle to put my socks on and i don't need to say the rest. On the mobility side they have said i can plan and follow a route unaided, yes i use a satnav but who these days doesn't but when i gfo out i always have someone with me either my wife or a friend as i do have a habit of getting lost. any advise would be welcomed i am worried if i rock the boat i will loose what i have just gained.
thanks wayne
dragonwarrior
UKFM Newbie

Re: pip decision advise

Postby Lindenp » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi dragonwarrior,

There is a real danger that you can lose what you have already been awarded. I got the same award myself although I never go anywhere without using crutches and have had a Motability car for a number of years. The best advise I can give is to talk to your local Welfare Rights Team as they will be able to advise you whether you have a good case or not. They always fill my forms in for me and I was advised not to appeal my decision as I could lose what I had. Hope you get the help you need.

Gentle Hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Linden
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Postby dragonwarrior » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:38 am

i spoke to the pip helpline today and asked for a explanation as to why washing and dressing was awarded for using a aid or appliance when my wife assists me and also goes everywhere with me. I would just like to understand there decision better i have no intention of appealing it until i speak with someone who will know better. On a plus note i have just ordered and paid for a wheelchair for me to make getting around with the kids easier.
dragonwarrior
UKFM Newbie

Postby dragonwarrior » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm

spoke to a decission maker today and explained in detail the problems that i have showering and dressing and he said with the extra info and looking at the report it won't hurt it being looked at again. he also spotted that i have problems with grip and lifting my legs so handrails would still mean i would need assistance from my wife. He is still going to send the assessors report out to me.It's not as scarey as i thought. he is also marking down the differances that he spotted in the report
wayne
dragonwarrior
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits