Scared of tell DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Scared of tell DLA

Postby stedavey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 am

Hiiii guys !! :)

I'm just posting for advice really and to see what you guys think
.... basically I've too scared to tell the DLA I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia!

I already claim DLA as I also what autism and adhd. .

The reason I'm scared is because I keep hearing horror story's of people loosing there previous claims and not being accepted back and also I haven't been changed on to pip yet and wouldn't like to distribute that prosses
stedavey
UKFM Member

Re: Scared of tell DLA

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:40 am

HI There,

It is important that you tell DLA of any changes in your condition. Fibromyalgia is a new diagnosis for you and you should tell them. If you have any notes from your doctor, or even your doctors information and the date that you went for an appointment when he/she told you, then that should be enough.

My daughter is Aspergers, and is nervous about changing to PIP, but we have a care co-ordinator that will help her fill out the paperwork. It is helpful if you can find someone that that. There is a charity called FightBackUK, if you go to their website and tell them of your troubles, you will get help filling in the forms.

Just call DWP and tell them what is going on, you will need your National Insurance number and date of birth to get through.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby stedavey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:30 am

Hi queenie it's aspergers I have too I'm so scared about the whole process of pip and even telling them about this new diagnosis I just don't want to loose and thing and have my life turned upside down !!

My family is taking me away I'm the morning for the week for a little break I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and inform them :(

I've never heard of fightback UK I'm definitely going to give that a look at :) thanks very much for the reply and advice much appreciated :) take care speak soon

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby rolls83 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:43 am

Pip isn't paid on diagnosis it's paid on how your condition effects you so I don't think telling them you have a diagnosis will matter. But I could be wrong. I was told to notify if my Conditions change not if I get a diagnosis.
rolls83
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:57 am

Hi rolls,

Fibromyalgia will create changes in the way they function. But, from the point of view that if it isn't documented, then it doesn't exist mentality of ATOS and Capita, (in turn the DWP), it is best to show your hand, rather then find out later it could have helped. Any and all information, changes, which includes new diagnoses, should be made transparent.....it is just best to let them know everything as it will assist in later claims. xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits