PIP related symptom diary for ME and Fibromyalgia - any use?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP related symptom diary for ME and Fibromyalgia - any use?

Postby FrenchJan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:09 am

I have read that keeping a PIP related diary of my symptoms will be useful when being assessed. I have found one for MS and wondered if this could also be used for ME and Fibro. Also is this necessary or useful? I have already been keeping a daily diary since January but this is mainly relating to my pain, balance and fatigue, whereas a PIP related log specifically covers the areas that are assessed i.e. Cooking, eating, managing therapy, medication, washing, going to the toilet, dressing, communicating, reading, meeting people, budgeting, planning journeys and walking. I wondered what you all think?
FrenchJan
UKFM Member

Re: PIP related symptom diary for ME and Fibromyalgia - any

Postby Mandae » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Hiya Frenchjan.
I too am applying for pip. I have kept a diary since June, but I have done mine as a sort of normal diary. It include everything pain, fatigue, brain fog, Things I could or could not do that day and how I feel weather that be frustrated sad happy. Every thing. It even has a couple of rants about how fibro has changed my life. I did it this way so whom ever reads it can see the real effect it has on my life. Not just how much pain I'm in or how fatigued I am.
I must say I'm sitting here trying to fill in the pip form now. That on it's own is awful.
Mandae
UKFM Member

Re: PIP related symptom diary for ME and Fibromyalgia - any

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi FrenchJan

would be interested to see that MS diary
could you please send linky?

thank you
best wishes

Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits