Good news re esa

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good news re esa

Postby sdav78 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:56 am

Hi all, some of you may remember me asking for advice back in October/November ( here and cross posted on fb) last year concerning me esa application. Well I finally had my assessment on the 12th, and had letter yesterday saying I had been placed in the support group with disability income guarantee premium as well, and the money was backdated to January the 5th too!

This was a big surprise as I'd left the assessment thinking the worst! I can only think that the letter my gp wrote for me to take, stating that in his opinion I was not suitable for the fit to work or the work group options, and that fibro is recognised under the disability discrimination act(his words not mine) must've played a big part in the decision.

So I just wanted to let people know that there is hope, and (sometimes) the system does work.
sdav78
UKFM Newbie

Re: Good news re esa

Postby di doc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:14 am

Hi well done on your win for ESA I just wish my DWP were understanding I have fibro, osteoarthritis in hands and spine and had a headache since 12th August 2014 and still cant get moved from WRAG to support I am having to do courses 2 / 3 times a week and I am so frightened not to be able to turn up as they sanction you
sorry to be so down when you have had such good news Well Done xxxx
di doc
UKFM Member

Re: Good news re esa

Postby sdav78 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi, no need to apologise, I know how you feel, I tried for esa about 5 years ago and was told I was fit for work! even the tribunal agreed. I had to go on jobseekers and through the work programme before the requirements changed and it became too much for me, hence the new esa claim.

I was fully prepared to have to appeal, I still can't believe it, have reread the DWP letter more than once just to make sure! Like I said in 1st post, I think it was the gp letter that helped.

I hope you are able to be moved to support group eventually, sounds like it's where you should be, but unfortunately it doesn't always work out like that, take care x x
sdav78
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits