payment of JSA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

payment of JSA

Postby Adrienne » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello I have just found this site when I was looking for advice. I have been off work since April and have been awarded PIP I got higher rate for living and standard for mobility. I have had my ESA assessment and im awaiting the result of that but I checked my bank this evening and I have been given a payment of JSA. I have not applied for JSA and I have a current sick note and im on sick from work and still receiving my WTC does anyone know why I would have received a JSA payment?
Adrienne
UKFM Newbie

Re: payment of JSA

Postby Riversdiary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi they did that to my husband. When he phoned to find out why he was told that it was their mistake and all further payments went in as esa. I would give them a call just to make sure. :-D
Riversdiary
UKFM Newbie

Postby Adrienne » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Thank you for replying. So it doesn't mean ive been refused ESA? I have not been receiving any ESA payments because my WTC is too high so it is just so confusing and I feel sick with worry.
Adrienne
UKFM Newbie

Postby Riversdiary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 pm

They will tell you if you haven't received esa. They won't just put you on jsa with out having to apply for it. I'm sure you will receive letter shortly telling you of your entitlement to esa. Give them a call tomorrow to make sure and put your mind at rest :-D
Riversdiary
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 pm

It is probably a payment of ESA but because it has been paid at an irregular time, then normal payments will be, it comes under JSA as an emergency payment, they did it to me.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 am

Best bet is to give them a call and check. I have heard of esa payments being marked as jsa in error like others have said

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits