worried about work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

worried about work

Postby steph88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 am

Hi I'm new to this forum and currently waiting for diagnosis of fibromyalgia but I know I have it, my problem is my sickness record at work is really high and I'm worried about my position, can they sack me? I work in a nursery and only part time, my doctor is pretty good she's trying to eliminate other conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis which I'm waiting on results of. If I get a proper diagnosis will I be ok in terms of the sickness record? Basically paranoid ill get sacked and I don't want to give up work. I think if I get better/stronger meds ill manage work so much better, I'm currently on amitriptyline 50mg citilopram 40mg and cocodamol 8/500 for pain relief but that doesn't really help much anymore! Any advice about work, getting a diagnosis or meds that help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sreph
steph88
UKFM Newbie

Re: worried about work

Postby karpep » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Steph, I'm in exactly the same position except I have had my diagnosis for 2 years now. I also work at a nursery full time and am currently on sick, up until this flare I thought I could handle my job but right now I'm worried I won't be able to do it any more. I'm on pretty much the same meds except citlopan, not heard of that, I'm on morphine and naproxin too. We are both on a pretty powerful cocktail. I see my doc tmr but the pain in my legs are no better so I'm sure he won't let me go back to work. I think employers need to be seen to offer help ie can they put you anywhere in your role that would make things easier for you. But also if they don't think you can fulfil your contract I really don't know where we stand with that. Sorry I couldn't answer your questions but I need the same answers. Gentle hugs. X
karpep
UKFM Newbie

Re: worried about work

Postby steph88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi
Thanks for replying, out of interest how long did it take for you to get your diagnosis? And what symptoms did you say you were suffering from? I get migraines, severe neck pain which also feels hot and burning, shoulder pain, pain in lower back specifically in one spot, very painful feet on and off, morning stiffness and I'm always exhausted, and extreme sensitivity to touch, like sometimes even my hair hurts my head I hate having to wear it up for work, I'm in the process of the doctors trying to eliminate every other thing, I'm waiting on results for rheumatoid arthritis but I'm sure its fibromyalgia, I just want a diagnosis so I feel believed, I think people are wary because you don't look ill
Steph xxx
steph88
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits