Confused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confused

Postby Ann65 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:26 am

I applied for PIP a few weeks ago. I am not holding out much hope of getting it as my form was a shambles because I am struggling to concentrate. I know it will take some time for them to get back to me anyhow. But if I am refused I will certainly appeal but I had to give up work recently because of fibromyalgia and because I was part time I do not get SSP. My husband works full time but things are starting to get tight because of my loss of earnings. I was told by someone at Citizens Advice that all I would be entitled to was a rebate on my council tax which worked out at a measly 20 pounds a month because my husband was working. Is there anything else I can claim for to at least give me something until my PIP claim has been seen? I have been looking for jobs that are lighter than what I used to do. I was a cleaner in a large warehouse/garden centre and it was very heavy work, but there are no jobs going at the moment. Even sitting at a checkout would reduce me to tears with the pain of just sitting uncomfortably for hours.
Ann65
UKFM Newbie

Re: Confused

Postby thoughtmatters » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:41 am

There's a lot of good information at help here: https://www.facebook.com/FightBack4Justice?fref=ts
thoughtmatters
UKFM Member

Re: Confused

Postby Ann65 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:15 am

Thank you for your help. I will have a good read at that. xxx
Ann65
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits