[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Everyone

Postby Ally » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 am

Seems a bit quiet round here lately so i thought ide start a new thread. I feel totally pants today, hobbled out of bed like ive been beaten up.
At this very moment im trying to convince my sun conure parrot who is the size of a starling, to leave the african grey parrot who is the size of a hawk alone!!
Hubby gave the african grey a kitchen towel middle to play with and the sun conure took exception to this and doesnt accept in any way shape or form that size matters!! Hes so incredibly male :) sorry guys lol
Talk to u all soon.
Ally x
Ally
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:44 pm

:D I find all birds fascinating but couldn't care for one at home as my two cats also find them fascinating, AND TASTY FOOD !!!!..........Pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:08 pm

:D i have a robin that sits on a bush outside our kitchen window that sings its heart out every morning, very early, :x i mean really really early, :evil: so early that on some mornings :twisted: i think bad things about it, however :D as this is the third generation of his family i let him get away with it, :oops: after all his happy, and thank god its stopped raining and the sun is out, about time too.
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:43 pm

:D 8) Hi Steve, thought I would bring you all a little sunshine back from my week in Spain. Had tooo much sun, tooo much to drink and far tooo many late nights. :D My body has been sending me mixed messages, my joints say thankyou for bringing them warmth from the sun during the day but at night :( my feet were telling me I'd walked too far and they swelled so much I couldn't get my shoes on a couple of nights, my brain reasoned no shoes no walking mmmmm. 8) I needed the sun glasses both for the glare and for the morning after headaches that the wine gave me :D but boy oh boy am I glad I went. Back to the round of hospital appointments now but in a much better frame of mind to cope with them.
lol...............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:52 pm

:mrgreen: u can guess the rest of the sentance, just use your imagination.... steve,,,
ps, glad you had a nice time, and by the way it has been persisting it down here..... :shock:
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:45 am

:D Another nice day today steve, hope the sunshine helps lift everyone's mood today. Take care.............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:00 am

:( not good for me, dare i say it back is giving me jip, got another date trough for another mri scan, last time they only scanned the base of the back, and hey presto there seems to be a problem, so now he wants to scan the rest to find out if there is any problems further up. Dont know why they couldnt do it all at once the first time. He did say that this is as well as the fibro, and didnt expect to find anything the first time :? but did,so he just wants to make sure :( Was a nice day for sun though today, not good for the rest of the week , :x keep :) ing , hope your hang over has settled, Eloise my eldest who is 11 had sports day to day and won her race so she was chuffed to bits, isabel my second eldest who is 5 won the high jump, missed it though , bummer, any way getting late time for bed so ive just had some diazipam and tramadol as the last few nights ive hardly slept, im looking forward to the dreams though :D :shock: :D steve....
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby TraceyG » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 pm

Steve (and anyone else for that matter), how did you manage to get onto Tramadol and does it work as a painkiller?
Tracey x
TraceyG
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:04 pm

:D Not a bad painkiller if i may say so, i was been treated for ankylosing spondylitus for a few years and was on celebrex, then they found out that i did not have it , so when i went to another pain clinic i was told to stop taking celebrex and start on tramadol as at the time i had the shakes, could not stand up straight because it was to painful and he put me on tramadol and pregabalin. this guy belived in fibro and went into discusion about keep moving, dont give up hope, keep banging on the door for new treatments. At that point in time i was informed by others that fibro was the new fad that every one had, but as i looked into it my self, i thought bloody hell, thats me, :shock: And thats how i ended up on tramadol, sorry for rambling on but once i start i cant stop, why do you ask if you dont mind me asking, steve.... :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:03 pm

:D The christening of my grandaughter yesterday was terrific. The weather forcast on Saturday was rain, but the sun shone all day. Everyone turned up, the buffet was delicious and my youngest daughter entertained us all with her singing and we danced the afternoon away !!
:( Which is why I am feeling absolutely shattered right now, but who cares it was a day to remember. :D ................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:38 am

:D Glad you had a great time Pauline and the day stayed sunny. Dawn has me painting outside the house at the mo and its proving to be a painful experiance, :lol: mind you it will help to sell the house, anyone intrested in buying a two bedroom terrace in sale, has a back yard and garden, currently under fresh decoration, m33, intrested let me know, in catchment area for some excellant schools.... :wink: all the best steve...
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:08 pm

:shock: Me again, had another MRI sacn this morning to check out the upper part af my spine, ( had one six weeks ago and they found a problem, the bottom of my spine is a bit higgledy piggeldley, the bottom disk is enlarged it is impeding on my nerves some what, some of the time depending on how the muscles are behaving, the vertebrae next 3 up are not really vertebrae at all, they are a mass of bone with some disks squashed in there for good luck, according to my new consultant, when he showed me the pics i was gobsmacked, 10 years and now they come up with this, any way not the real reason for typing this , its what happened whilst inside the scanner that got me. I do raike, so i was getting comfy whilst they slipped me in the machine and closed my eyes, started to meditate and became aware of a blond haired lady at the bottom of the machine, now i had a thing around my kneck so i new i couldnt see where she was supposed to be , but hey went along with it, we started talking and asked me how i was and what this thing was i was in, she spoke to me saying i would be ok and that she had not seen me for a while in fact not since i used to come and visit her in the cemetry, :? now stay with me here as i thought oh great now ive gone mad, one of the nurses asked if i was ok through the intercome and i said fine thanks, i then dont remember anything till the nurse shook me and said theres not many that can fall asleep in there,but we get a few, i said absent mindley oh iwas talking to that blonde haired lady, the nurse looked a little suprised and said we could hear you talking and thought you were doing it to keep calm. At this point i felt whacked out, like id just come out of a massive raike session, i got changed and then started to drive home and i had to pass through urmston to get to sale, so i went to look at my old house i grew up in as a kid and it hit me,at the bottom of the road is the cemetry i used to go to and clean one of my auntys grave in urmston when i was a kid, i never new her but used to go there to get away from it all. And that was my morning , how was every one elses. steve.... :shock: :?
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:59 pm

You should write everything u remember about her and then try and get a family member to see if they can comfirm her appearance, manner os speech, physical build and so on, u may be suprised.
Ally
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:07 pm

You seem to have found this ladies presence very calming and you don't seem particularly suprised by the event. Has it happened to you before?
...............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:26 am

:D morning pauline, when i grew up in a house in urmston the loft door was found outside our front door most mornings, until my dad bolted it shut good and proper. I wont say what happened when we unbolted it 4or 5 years later, a lot of strange things happened over the years we lived there, so i grew up with an open mind and thought all houses behaved like this. Around 10 years ago i was introduced to raike and that led to a number of encounters that made me truly belive we dont know the half of what life is really about. I was introduced to fire walking and this was not about been able to block out any pain but more becoming part of the fire itself, accepting it for what it was and then truly beliving that you were part of it or it was part of you. I also belive that when we think of a past one out of the blue when we are doing somthing that they are truly there in presance and if you say hi to them or acknowledge their presance in a posative way they will come back to you at moments of happiness and sadness to give you sopport or comfort, the amount of time i spend laughing with my father in law is countless. he has been dead a while but i still know when he is around, so when this lady seemed to be there yesterday i accepted her presance and got on with the experiance. So far i know she called herself betty, and on her grave it was elizibeth, she used to be the land lady of a pub called the urmston for many years and the description i gave out is similar to the very same lady, although the only snag is that she died 10 or 11 years befor i was born. And coinsidently since the whole fibro kicked in i had to stop being a builder which i loved,and i now work with autistic kids in a special needs school, to which i love with a passion, yes i have a lot of time of work, yes i spend a lot of time been crippled by it and yes if it wasnt for fibro i would never of got into this line of work, so i am very open to anything that happens to me every day, If you think im mad you might be right, or then again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a lovley sunny bright happy day , steve..... :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics