Cant sleep woes

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cant sleep woes

Postby mccoll » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am

Well since i am unable to sleep at nights i thought i would buy myself an Xbox to make my eyes close quicker as i arent a big reader and night time tv well is a non starter.
So after splashing out after a few hours playing it my hands begin to seize into the shape of the controller not nice and sore more sore than i usually am so i have now found out i can maybe paly it for 2-3 hours per night before having to stop but i must admit for those like myself who just cant seem to get to sleep you can loose yourself for hours gaming and there are games out there for everyone.
I also got with the Xbox the kinect if you dont know it google it i dont recomend some of the games as you will be in bed for days but it has so nice exercise games which in my case gaining a lot of weight now is a sign of good things.
Hope this little message is of some good to people . :pcsmash:
Well that's all folks :P
mccoll
UKFM Member

Re: Cant sleep woes

Postby scottiedog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 am

Games work for me too and not that long ago i read of research that proved gaming can reduce pain levels so thats my excuse lol!
Have you tried laying the controller on your leg or stomach? I find it eases the hands a lot especially in games with a lot of mashing.
Mue playing sims 3 on PS3 right now
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby mccoll » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:40 am

I have had the controller in all different sort of postions glad its doesnt have wires lol i managed to play it for about 4 hours last night so i do think it helps me sleep as i finally got to sleep at around 5 and that is me just up so i got a few hours in a row .
I was wondering if perhaps if it is the vibration that made my hands worse so i turned it of and there not so bad today. :chicken-dance:
Well that's all folks :P
mccoll
UKFM Member

Postby scottiedog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Glad you got some sleep! I managed a whopping 4 hours.
I think you could be right about the vibration it makes my hands worse too.
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics