[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New shoes!!

New shoes!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New shoes!!

Postby juliet » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:23 pm

hey guys

Still fairly new to this forum so for those guys i haven't encountered yet... hey :D

just wanted a rant about shoes!! my fibro affects my feet fairly badly so shoes are something i really have to think about when i buy them which usually doesnt bother me and i LOVE shoes! as im sure some of you will appreciate!

Firstly pretty happy that flat shoes are in season at the moment... can't wear any type of heels anymore without being completely crippled the next day... buy why do all of these flat shoes have to be pumps style??

needed some new sandals today as both of mine have started falling to bits so i went shopping! i'm on a very tight budget as i'm a student and its the end of term!

i went everywhere and all i could find was pumps or heels!! all i wanted was some sandals that could let my feet breathe a bit and support the sole more than just pumps!

eventually had to settle for an emergency purchase from shoe zone (£7 bargain) but even these don't really have that much of a sole on.. i dont want to feel like i'm walking barefoot! and i cant bear having my toes all squished to a point!

anyway sorry rant over! if anyone has any tips of where i can get some nice simple sandal cheap that are actually comfy... let me know!

Ju x
:)
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:30 pm

I have the same problem with my feet & love FlyFlots, they are so comfy & sell online. They have really well padded shock absorbing leather soles. The prices start at 15 pounds for leather sandals.

M&S footgloves can be quite comfy too, but they are expensive.
Min
UKFM Member

Postby mamax9 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Crocs are very good and even my podiatrist recommends them...I also suffer very badly with my feet having plantar fasciitis in both and Raynauds type symptoms if they get cold. They are not the cheapest of shoes but there is a range of styles from sandals to wellies.
mamax9
UKFM Member

Postby juliet » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:04 pm

hey thanks guys thats really helpful ill check them all out! i have seen crocks shoes but they look really uncomfortable but you are not the person to say they are brilliant i really should give them a try!

Ju xx
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby Ally » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Also try Hotters shoes online, u can order a catalogue too.
The last time i saw a pair of comfy, sensible, durable sandals was when i was looking at biblical pictures in sunday school in 1962 :)
Ally
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:11 am

I have three pairs of Crocs now and they are my best friends!! Hubby also swears by them too and he normally wears boots all day!!
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

New Shoes!!

Postby Mini1mum » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:30 pm

Hello Ju, I have found that the most comfortable shoes are flip flops for around the house/casual and Crocks for walking in ie local shopping. I also wear "hotter" shoes, sometimes you can pick them up on ebay where they have been bought but not worn, they are in my view a bit expensive but very comfortable.
Hope this helps,
Joan :roll:
Joan (mini1mum)
Mini1mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby Joo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Four pairs of Crocs now!!! Look on ebay too but get the proper ones, not imitations, two of my pairs are the ballerina type so they are tidier for trousers etc and driving. I also have some comfy tidy shoes from M&S that I can't recall the name but they are similar to Clarks and Hotter shoes but cheaper. Also recommend Ecco and Merrills (mens) for comfort and support (they do plain clogs which are great for the winter)

Did you buy anything yet?
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

new shoes

Postby Heva » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 am

Try Fly Flots - they are all anti shock so you feel no pressure. cant feel the ground through them either. hope this helps
Heva
UKFM Member

Postby angel.vamp » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:11 am

http://shop.schollshoes.com/product_inf ... uct_id=357

I boght these in the spring to try , i have lots of problems with my feet and i can honestly say that these have been wonderful it's like slipping your foot into a nice soft glove I love them , Must say they have helped with the back pains too .
angel.vamp
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Hiya
Have invested in five pairs of crocs, they might look uncomfortable but they are a fantastic invention. My left foot and ankle is really playing me up at the minute and to be fair, it doesnt matter what shoes i wear, my feet hurt constantly, but the crocs allow my feet to spread out and get air at the same time.
Hope you find some shoes that you can wear, i agree, sandals in the shops at the minute are so flat on the ground they are even more painful, and i always walk bare foot at home but i can feel a difference.
Good luck
claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics