Blogs - does anyone keep one?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blogs - does anyone keep one?

Postby MichelleJ » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm thinking of starting a blog as a means of tracking my symptoms to better understand my highs and lows with fibro, looking for triggers etc that I may be missing. I don't want it made public particularly as in I wouldn't promote it but think it may be a good way of doing it. A sort of online/on pc diary as writing is way too painful to do it that way. Just wanted to know if anyone else keeps a blog or tracks their symptoms through one or through other ways. After ideas really.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Re: Blogs - does anyone keep one?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't have an online blog, but over the years have kept a diary/journal type of thing. I started off writing, but very quickly found it was too painful to do it that way, so switched to the pc.

It can be helpful as you can look back to see how things have progressed/changed, if there are any patterns and triggers to things. I've included all sorts of things in it - food diary, activity levels and types, mood and thoughts, events and things I've done.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 pm

There are quite a few members with blogs and as Flup says diary type things sound like a good idea to track how you are doing :goodluck1: :goodluck1: with it :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:51 pm

i have a blog, well i have three blogs :)

one is for my m.e/fibro/diabetes although i do not write it every day and its not so much a way of tracking any changes etc but more of a place to vent the occaisional frustrations and put up links.

i have my main blog where i sometimes have a moan but i like to think of that blog as being the one written by the healthy me :D
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 pm

I've gone for it! Have set up 2. One for my fibro to track symptoms and also related stories, funny things that happen because of the fibro. Have put one one about my diaster with eggs today.

then the other one I've put one for my photo's and other bits and pieces. Will be posting photo's I take that I like. Anyway, have a look, see what you think. I've literally started today so will obviously be adding more as I get going. i've put the links on my signature.
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 pm

hi :wave:
hope you enjoyed the eggs after all that work :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

love the pic's especially the little man in the sand fab photo :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby MichelleJ » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks Loubie, thanks, I love that photo too. Was taken on my blackberry cos I'd lost my charger for my camera so had to use my phone that day. Yes, the eggs were good thanks. :D
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:44 pm

thats a good idea. its something i've started then stopped, like coming on the forum i have fits and starts when my head feels clear enough or if i am to foggy headed or inpain i end up being too knocked out to keep up.

think sometimes it would be full of moans so would have to go to the quiet room instead in case family peeped at what i had put about thme.

i imagine it is a good idea to monitor your progress though, i think i probably thought this was temporary so wouldn't need it - now i have come to terms and accepted this condition it would be a useful tool to help manage it - may give it anohter go,

look forward to the next installment well done.

:wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:45 pm

you have inspired me - here's mine for anyone to read.

i think on putting words down on paper it helps us to understand ourselves and reflect what we are going through.

:grouphug: :wine:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Duffinamdi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

I did start writing a dairy but got fed up with it, but i did find it useful when I went to the hospital It never occured to me to start a blog :facepalm: .
So I have now started a private blog, Thanks for the idea
Ann
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby viota » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 pm

yes i have a blog link is in my sig.I actually have 2 the second one is a poetry one.Its somewhere i get to vent when im not feeling good.
viota
UKFM Member

Postby Neffie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I have just started a fibro blog as have been a keen blogger on other subjects for a few years, so thought I should set one up about my daily highs lows and hopefully funny times.

I hope that none of you mind but those with their blod addresses showing I have added a link to on mine (if you dont want me to please say) as I feel the more people know about our condition the better
Neffie
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics